SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 14-11-05, 06:06 PM   #1
Stig

Default Who lives there?

Some of you may know that I have been a victim of Debit card fraud.

Two mobile phones bought online using my card were supposed to be sent to an address that the thief provided. But carphone warehouse sent them to the card's registered address instead. So they arrived on my doorstep this morning.

Bye Bye another £340.

Anyone live anywhere near

32 Belton Road, London E11 3 ?

If you do, can you go round and give this person a swift kick in the head for me

Cheers
Old 14-11-05, 06:17 PM   #2
hall13uk

what a . that makes me

here is exact address of the money stealing wan**rs
Old 14-11-05, 06:22 PM   #3
Raf

Glad I never ordered from busters.

On the bright side, you have the address of the idiots. Time to go down to the local police station, explain the situation, give the address to the police and see what happens.

However, I can see a mob forming...
Old 14-11-05, 06:25 PM   #4
hall13uk

right

pitch fork check

lighted torch check

Old 14-11-05, 06:34 PM   #5
Stig

I phone my local police station this morning. They told me that because the address was in London, I should be phoning them. They gave me a number, it was Scotland Yard main switch board. They put me through to Forest Gate Police Station. They told me I should be phoning Leyton Police Station.

I phoned Leyton Police Station, guess what.......... he said I need to phone the Newbury Police Station. Talking about going round in circles. After explaining 4 times what has happened I still haven't been given a crime incident number.
Old 14-11-05, 06:39 PM   #6
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
I phone my local police station this morning. They told me that because the address was in London, I should be phoning them. They gave me a number, it was Scotland Yard main switch board. They put me through to Forest Gate Police Station. They told me I should be phoning Leyton Police Station.

I phoned Leyton Police Station, guess what.......... he said I need to phone the Newbury Police Station. Talking about going round in circles. After explaining 4 times what has happened I still haven't been given a crime incident number.

pain in the ass i know, but stick with it fella u may need the crime ref to get your money back from the bank. wish you all the success with the out come & i shall be steering clear for busters for quite some time. by the way have u contacted busters & told them of the strange string of fraud that seems to be occuring after people have used there credit cards there.
Old 14-11-05, 07:27 PM   #7
CoolGirl

Si

Try reporting it online - you'll get an instant reference and I expect they'll have to reply to you with a crime ref number. Then, once you've told them, it's not your problem and they have to do all the legwork.
Old 14-11-05, 07:38 PM   #8
Stig

I've been told that now that I have reported it I can not, should not, report it again. This will apparently give a duplicate ref number and could confuse or slow things down. I have been told that I will have a number within the next couple of days.
Old 14-11-05, 07:43 PM   #9
CoolGirl

Oh well, never mind. Bloody public service bureaucracy!
Old 14-11-05, 08:04 PM   #10
Valman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf

Glad I never ordered from busters.

On the bright side, you have the address of the idiots. Time to go down to the local police station, explain the situation, give the address to the police and see what happens.

However, I can see a mob forming...
There's so much credit card fraud going on that no one cares anymore about the small stuff, seriously.

I once took a mail order at work for a few hundred pounds and so I did the proper checks only to find the card was rejected, the details didn't match up apparently, fair enough I thought and I called back only to find the prat then wanted to try and use a card with a completely different name to the first one. I did the checks again, it has happened before so you never know, but again it came back rejected. So the third time I rang back he tried it again, so I pretended to take the order again, these things can keep you amused on a quiet day, and then didn't bother processing it, thinking that would be the end of it, and he wouldn't bother calling back now if he never got it. for the next two weeks this prat and his girlfriend called up every other day to try and order different stuff using different cards, now there's only 3 of us who answer the phone so it was becoming obvious what was going on. I called up our merchant bank, the bank who looks after all the credit card transactions for us and they didn't know what to do, but passed me on to someone else, and I ended up talking to loads of people who would then pass me on but no one actually cared or even knew what to do, and in the end I just gave up as I wasn't going to spend a day on the phone for this.

Now if you think about it, no one is just going to order stuff from one shop with a stolen card and leave it at that, they'll order loads until the card stops working and so I couldn't believe that even though I had the scum's address no one wanted to know, and loads of staff don't do the proper checks so they would have still got plenty of goods from other places.

In the end when the prat called again I told him to what he could do with his dodgy cards and that was the end of it. The only thing you can do if you're the card holder is to call your bank immediately.

Si, I live close to Belton Road E11 but I'm sure the numbers only go up to 22 there, I could be wrong though.