SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 18-07-09, 04:16 PM   #1
slloyd

Default Fairings Restoration.

Hi folks, Since my off back in April, I'm now have the funds to get the fairings painted to get the bike looking her best and I'm looking for a place to get them resprayed preferable south of the river.

Anyone got any numbers I can call / visit to get a quote.

Thanks in advance, Steve.
slloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-09, 07:27 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Fairings Restoration...

see here steve http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=134364 and perhaps drop dafne a PM and see how he got on with them.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-09, 09:11 PM   #3
dafne

Hallo.

I used G&M Bodyshop in Lambeth (0207 7356225) . They did a very good job finish wise, but the colour match wasn't perfect. However, they did say before they painted it that they would be unable to match the colour as they haven't got the paint mixes for the bikes, but as mine was for a panel that was not really seen, it wasn't that much of a problem for me. If you were supplying the paint however, it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 19-07-09, 04:12 PM   #4
slloyd

Cheers Spidey, and Dafne for your post.

Will give them a call/visit and see if they're quote me happy

If supplying the paint is an option, could I get this mixed up at any paint shop, or would I need to order it from an online retailer specific to Suzuki paint?
Old 19-07-09, 05:15 PM   #5
dafne

You should be able to get paint from any proper auto paint suppliers (proper people, like Brown Brothers, not Halfrauds) who will mix the quantities that you want). It'll be better to take a panel in as well, in case there are a few paints covered by the same paint code. I don't know of any in London, as i've not been here long. Have a look in the yellow pages for someone, as there should be a few about
Old 19-07-09, 05:38 PM   #6
Airwolf

try bike-paint.co.uk

i got some paint from them and was a great match
Old 19-07-09, 06:08 PM   #7
slloyd

Cheers folks...will bookmark that link, and pay G&M a visit.
Old 07-08-09, 03:27 PM   #8
slloyd

Default Re: Fairings Restoration.

Managed to get a quote from G&M now which is all good, but if I supplied the paint does anyone know exactly how much paint would be needed?, so I could get an exact colour match of Sonic Silver.
Old 07-08-09, 04:58 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i'd suggest asking thr place you buy the paint from mate as differnet aints will give differnt coverage i would suspect.
Or ask one of the mini twins racers, they must need to paint fairings from time to time.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 05:43 PM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd View Post
Managed to get a quote from G&M now which is all good, but if I supplied the paint does anyone know exactly how much paint would be needed?, so I could get an exact colour match of Sonic Silver.
It took a litre and a half for my bike..no hang on, a litre of blue, and half a litre of orange.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote