SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-12-07, 04:42 PM   #1
leemole

Talking helmet cam

what do you think of this ?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-HELME...QQcmdZViewItem

looks simple and compact, might treat myself 4 xmas
Old 23-12-07, 06:14 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: helmet cam

IIRC ch 5's Gadet Show included this in their "action" cams test and it scored quite well.

Might be worth reading their review on their website before bidding.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-07, 06:16 PM   #3
Stig

Mark aka Rictus has one of these. Having seen the footage I am suitably impressed with it and want one myself. So if anyone out there was wondering what the hell to get BigApe for Christmas, well now you know.
Old 23-12-07, 07:23 PM   #4
FG1

I am looking at getting one of these also. I am a bit unsure of getting from abroad as I don't want to get stung on further costs once it arrives. Also, buying in UK means I have somewhere to take it back to if it goes wrong. Have a look around and you will find one for roughly the same price. Here's one to get you started.
http://www.aceselectronics.co.uk/pro...FQEkQgodanHIVw
Old 23-12-07, 07:52 PM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

good all in one gadget, not pretending to be anything profesionnal at all, but for the money a great fun thing, well good enough for posting video, robust and all contained, gives just over an hour on a 2 gb card, and about 4 hours out of two AA rechargable batteries, you'll find you have to spend a significant amount more to get better quality, in built sound (although it's quite local).

I've used it for the passed couple of months and it's given me no problems at all, easy to fit and remove, I even think it would survive it was to fall off, not that it likely to as it comes with several ways of mounting it and ver secure they are to.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-07, 08:19 PM   #6
leemole

can u post a vid up matey ??
Old 23-12-07, 09:21 PM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

As I use a google video account, they limit the quality so not really a good comparision to be fair as the original is about twice as good, not pixelated at all.

but the link it Here, there are also some others down the side (piggy run's good).

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-07, 09:33 PM   #8
leemole

thanks mark , im sold
Old 23-12-07, 10:01 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

I had its predecessor and thought it was pretty pap!! I think the newer one is a bit better, but the remote bullet cam is the way forward if you are after good quality footage.

Agree though, as a self contained 'quick and dirty/fun' camera its got merit, but expect to get hooked on taking video, get annoyed with the ATC's limitations* and throw it in the bin after a couple of uses!!

When all is said and done, particularly as that auction included a 2gb card, it is deffo worth £75!

*Its not just quality, things like not being able to see if you have the camera set up right/at the correct angle and stuff like that becomes really irritating.