SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-06-05, 12:47 PM   #1
M65

Default Braided Lines

Easy to fit? (Im a mechanical dunce! ) Best make? Cheapest place to get them from? Oh, and Id like the moon on a stick too!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys and dolls.
Old 24-06-05, 01:07 PM   #2
Iansv

Theres a company on the offers page that does em cheap, otherwise busters where I got mine from

Dealer fitted mine so don't know how easy/hard
Old 24-06-05, 01:41 PM   #3
philc2000

it's quite easy to **** it up and get air in the system, get a dealer or a competent mate to do it.
Old 24-06-05, 01:57 PM   #4
Bikerz

um i dissagree, pecice of **** to fit, wont take more than an hour to do all 3! bsicale butifly bolt on each end (um i call them buterflies., they normal bolt with hold thorugh (so fluid goes through))

Bleeding system just a case of making sure resiviour full of fluid(use new dot 4 if i were u) and pulling lever on standing on it, opening and closing bleed value let go and repeat till its all hard and u can lock it up
Old 24-06-05, 02:08 PM   #5
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerz
um i dissagree, pecice of p*ss to fit, wont take more than an hour to do all 3! bsicale butifly bolt on each end (um i call them buterflies., they normal bolt with hold thorugh (so fluid goes through))

Bleeding system just a case of making sure resiviour full of fluid(use new dot 4 if i were u) and pulling lever on standing on it, opening and closing bleed value let go and repeat till its all hard and u can lock it up
Dead easy to do once you get the process right. Really easy to get air out as well. People arent doing it quite right if they can't manage it.
Old 24-06-05, 06:19 PM   #6
philc2000

Quote:
Dead easy to do once you get the process right
Assuming you get the process right in the first place - i always seem to end up with air in the system or a mouthful of brake fluid.
Old 24-06-05, 09:11 PM   #7
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Get a brake bleeder. Essentially a bit or tube with a one way valve in. It fits over the bleed nipple at the caliper.

Fill the calipers and the master cylinder with brake fluid , then fit the hoses with the banjo bolts. Pull the brake lever slowly, don't go pumping it like a teenager with a copy of penthouse. Remember to keep the master cylinder topped up. Lock off all of the bleed nipples, replace the master cylinder lid and tie the lever to the handle bars over night.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-05, 05:31 AM   #8
Topaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by philc2000
Assuming you get the process right in the first place - i always seem to end up with air in the system or a mouthful of brake fluid.

You've got to be joking. Right?

A.
Old 25-06-05, 09:14 PM   #9
streetos

Just fitted HEL to mine. Not a difficult job but points to note are-

Make sure the lines are routed so that they do not get trapped or chafed during normal suspension and bar movement and do not interfere with the range of movement of same. Replacement lines are less flexable than origonals.
Dont get any muck in the brake fluid.
Wipe off any spilt fluid immediatly, it eats paint!
Easybleed NRV makes bleeding a lot easyer, a bit of PTFE tape around the bleed nipple stops air getting in here.
Check and recheck everything when you've finished and get a make to do an independant check if you can, an emergency stop is not the best time to find you screwed up!
Old 26-06-05, 12:11 AM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

I really hate bleeding brakes... I'm not bad at this DIYing lark but I'm still no good at bleeding brakes, it's slow and frustrating and doesn;t work for ages for no apparent reason then suddenly works even if you're not doign anything different.

Mityvac seems to be the way to go for an easy life, I'm still mucking about with a Gunnsons Eezibleed pressure bleeder but you need a spare reservoir cover and seal to make it usable. Otherwise it basically functions as a brake fluid sprayer
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote