SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-02-11, 12:08 PM   #61
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thanks For The Memories

Hmmm I seem to recall when leaving GMI, as certain bunch of bikers sat on a wall at the Drovers as we all left for home with Mr Quiff.

My memory is vague, but I'm sure there was a certain pair instigating the 'Quiff salute'

Hope copying from Facebook works

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 20-02-11 at 12:11 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 01:53 PM   #62
larigos

Lissa, as you say lots of loverly people. May I say yourself and Pete are two of the nicest bikers I've had the chance to meet.

Hope all goes well with pete's leg op.

Larigos.
Old 20-02-11, 03:45 PM   #63
rictus01
Mega Poster

I rarely venture into this part of the forum, but just found out about this thread chatting on facebook.

It's all to common for some to wander away from biking for a variety of reasons; but a great shame when people with a true passion are deprived of it, rarely do I come across those that will do the miles just for the shere joy of riding.

I hope Pete's condition improves and wish him all the best from me, if you would.

you've always given a warm welcome; I'll miss that and hopefully as others have said we'll see you around at some point.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 05:34 PM   #64
Old Git

Lissa, sorry to hear of Pete's plight, " better to have loved and lost than not to love at all"
Obviously your love was riding, you will have many happy memories to look back on. Sensible to get out while you are OK.
Hope that you both find somthing else which will light you fire together in the future.
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 11:09 PM   #65
darylB

Reading your post was a real shock to myself and Beverley, may we take this opportunity to wish Pete all the best and hope all turns out well for him. I hope to organise a ride or two this year ending at our house as usual and you would be most welcome to join us if you are able. I will of course let you know when. The decision you have made must have been hard to come to but I'm sure it is the right one for you both.

Daryl & Beverley.
Old 20-02-11, 11:21 PM   #66
scooby

Im so sorry to hear of Pete's health problems. Please wish him well for me. I was yet another rider introduced to the org by you. Thank you both for being good friends and enjoying exciting rideouts together. look after each other , enjoy the MR2 n hope to see you around sometime soon. Nick
Old 20-02-11, 11:48 PM   #67
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Ahh so sad to read this, but I got a feeling last time we met it might end this way. Two of the nicest people I have ever met and I hope to keep the friendship going, don't be strangers now.

So many good memories of you on SV and Duc, including....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby View Post
I was yet another rider introduced to the org by you. Nick
Kidnapping a the gentleman above and 'forcing' him to come for a ride and join the ORG.

Love to you and Pete, take care of you both. X X
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 11:55 PM   #68
haggis

I wish you a quick and sucessful recovery Pete. As do the rest of the guys from our neck of the woods. Quite a shock to hear this news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
It's all to common for some to wander away from biking for a variety of reasons; but a great shame when people with a true passion are deprived of it, rarely do I come across those that will do the miles just for the shere joy of riding.
That seems so true, Mark.

I've been lucky enough to have met you both a few times now on the Scottish rideouts and what always struck me was how keen you were to fit in as many extra miles over and above the planned routes despite riding an Italian medieval torture rack on two wheels. It's a testament to your good company that there was always a handful of other Org'ers more than willing to follow on your adventures into the wilderness!

Good luck and I hope you have as much fun on 4 wheels.
Who knows, maybe on 2 again if things can change for the better.
Old 21-02-11, 06:04 AM   #69
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

I have tears in my eyes this morning reading this thread.

So many people who have made our time with Org such a special time, and I can't emphasise enough how much you have all given both of us over the years...the miles, the smiles, and the friendship.

Thank you, for everything.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 09:18 AM   #70
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Guys, so sorry to hear about this, please give Pete my best.

MR2 eh? Cracking cars I'm sure you'll love it.

Don't know what else to say really except that if the biking world were to give out awards, you guys would have a brass bike on your mantle piece with a plaque saying "Most dedicated couple"

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote