SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-08-14, 03:44 PM   #1
ClunkintheUK

Default Selling bikes and insurance

So given I am currently a "self-employed" bum with no income, I need to sell one of my bikes. Its gonna be the Tiger, cos I ride the SV much more and the SV is cheaper to run. The problem is that the Tiger has got my longer NCD, currently 1 year, will be two when this year is up at the begining of October.

The question, If I sell the tiger now, what are my chances that if I sell the tiger now and cancel the insurance that I will get my 2 years NCD? It makes about £40 difference to my insurance.
Old 11-08-14, 03:51 PM   #2
TamSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Selling bikes and insurance

Do you mean you'll have 2 years NCD on the Tiger when it's due for renewal in October?

If so, and you cancel the insurance now, then you won't get the extra year NCD.

You could do a change of vehicle on the Tiger policy and replace it with the SV, then cancel the SV policy, thereby retaining use of your longer NCD.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 03:53 PM   #3
ClunkintheUK

Default Re: Selling bikes and insurance

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Good point. And painfully obvious now. Cheers Tam.

Last edited by ClunkintheUK; 11-08-14 at 03:54 PM.