SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-20, 02:14 PM   #1
chezza

Default Well, I'm back... wasnt away too long

Hey gang,
Well... I left the SV stable back in Dec 2017 and changed to a 2017 CB500X. Why oh why oh why I hear you ask - As I was primarily commuting back then I thought I fancied something a bit more upright and tried the CB and actually loved it. It seemed to tick all boxes, looks good, great geometry and actually quite a peppy 500c lump, amazing mpg figures etc. The one elephant in the room was always that engine, it was never going to be anything to excite but I thought thats ok I'm just commuting so it will be fine. Nope... that lack of power was always an issue. Round the twisties its a decent bike and gets on with it but out on the main roads it is just left wanting all the time. Not enough in reserve power when needed.

Anyway's long story short. CB500X great bike just not for me. So I have come back after looking at alsorts from MT-07/09, Tracer's etc. to a brand new SV650 in the gloss sparkle black which should arrive later this week. My last SV was S/H so looking to owning this one from new and hope to keep this one rather than chop in later like I did my old one (Really regret that).

Can't wait to get back on that wonderful vtwin lump thats for sure. PLan to look at changing the can, seat and maybe some bar end mirrors aswell.

Cheers
Gav
chezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 03:27 PM   #2
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Well, I'm back... wasnt away too long

Yay! Welcome back to the fold Chezza!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 06:26 PM   #3
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Well, I'm back... wasnt away too long

You can check out any time you like you you can never leave! Would make a good line in a song that...