SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-07-20, 06:52 PM   #8341
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

i was working away when the wife got conned into letting them put CWI in. trust me the air was blue when i got back.

every single person i know who has had CWI done has been plagued with ants ever since.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-20, 10:27 AM   #8342
timwilky
Mega Poster

Text from paypal to say my account suspended due to suspicious activity. Had to be worth the reply "Nice Try"

Knowing it to be phishing, I did try to follow the link. Nice of my browser to tell me what I already knew and give me a Deceptive Site Ahead warning.

Still a Gripe though. After my wife nearly fell for these scumbags. (I managed to interrupt the call) every one of them should be fed to the real sharks.
Old 13-07-20, 11:53 AM   #8343
admin
John T
Mega Poster

It's raining again......

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 13-07-20, 01:24 PM   #8344
shiftin_gear98

Timwilky - I had that in an email too, about my Paypal account being suspended. Tossers.
Old 13-07-20, 06:02 PM   #8345
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i was working away when the wife got conned into letting them put CWI in. trust me the air was blue when i got back.

every single person i know who has had CWI done has been plagued with ants ever since.
Not had that problem with the "ecobead" stuff we had installed when the extension was built in 2007. Will look out for it though just in case. Most of the ants are in the lawn at Trev Towers although there is a colony living in the greenhouse too.
Old 13-07-20, 06:47 PM   #8346
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Scams:

I usually follow the link and sign in with

You@re-scum.****

and a similar password to brighten their days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Not had that problem with the "ecobead" stuff we had installed when the extension was built in 2007. Will look out for it though just in case. Most of the ants are in the lawn at Trev Towers although there is a colony living in the greenhouse too.
Yeah have heard the bead stuff doesn't have the problem with ants and damp bridging . I'm wondering what green initiatives will be available in September...
Old 13-07-20, 06:48 PM   #8347
Seeker
Mega Poster

According to this article there were so many ant swarms yesterday they showed up on radar:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9615631.html
Old 13-07-20, 07:39 PM   #8348
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Wife hit the curb in the mini and ripped the sidewall...no spare, actually no jack. Thankfully my Hyundai has, at least I have the bike so she can take my car...nope, heading out tonight and radiator is pinholed somewhere down the bottom.

So tomorrow off now taking her to work then running round sorting stuff.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-20, 06:42 PM   #8349
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

First gripe is that I've had too many gripes recently and seem to post in this thread too much !

Second gripe: I found out today that as I am not officially the registered keepr of the GSXR yet as I still have no V5, my insurance isn't technically valid as it states that I need to be the registered keeper. I wasn't aware of this and have been using the bike. So as I supposedly can't use it ( and shouldn't have been ) I decided to Sorn it. So I go to the DVLA website. Options for sorning a vehicle are either using the new keeper slip or the V5 number. I don't have either as the green slip was sent 3 months+ ago to get the V5, which is still not going through and no info as to when it will.

Then the website directs you to phone the DVLA.. something I've had no luck with for a while now. But I tried anyway and actually got through this time eventually! Only to be told that only the registered keeper can sorn a vehicle and as I'm not the keeper yet I can't sorn it so need to keep paying tax until the V5 arrives. Catch 22! They still don't know how long until my application gets attention either.

Having no luck with this bike and the experience is starting to sour. I bought it in March!
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-20, 06:50 AM   #8350
Popy Fresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
First gripe is that I've had too many gripes recently and seem to post in this thread too much !

Second gripe: I found out today that as I am not officially the registered keepr of the GSXR yet as I still have no V5, my insurance isn't technically valid as it states that I need to be the registered keeper. I wasn't aware of this and have been using the bike. So as I supposedly can't use it ( and shouldn't have been ) I decided to Sorn it. So I go to the DVLA website. Options for sorning a vehicle are either using the new keeper slip or the V5 number. I don't have either as the green slip was sent 3 months+ ago to get the V5, which is still not going through and no info as to when it will.

Then the website directs you to phone the DVLA.. something I've had no luck with for a while now. But I tried anyway and actually got through this time eventually! Only to be told that only the registered keeper can sorn a vehicle and as I'm not the keeper yet I can't sorn it so need to keep paying tax until the V5 arrives. Catch 22! They still don't know how long until my application gets attention either.

Having no luck with this bike and the experience is starting to sour. I bought it in March!

DVLA must be so overwhelmed. My girlfriend send them her passport 6 weeks ago, they haven't returned it yet and we are travelling in 2 weeks. there is no way to contact DVLA and when you manage to talk to a real person the only thing they say is 'it's taking longer than usual, please have patience and we can't discuss your case or give you any further information in your application'
Popy Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote