SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-05-21, 11:52 AM   #5291
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltonSte View Post
Got my oldest textiles yesterday, he'd pinched his mums boots and gloves and we got a helmet given to us from the dealer when I got the Superduke.

His response...can we go to Scotland tomorrow?

Heading out for a bimble later today, it's good to share this selfish hobby again.
as a pillion?

both my boys dont like motorbikes.. which i find disturbingly strange.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 03:26 PM   #5292
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Yup Bibs as a pillion, he’s 11. Used to go out with the wife before kids came along but she never wanted to go far.
We went to a cafe an hour and a half away and he loved it. Now wants to go out every weekend and is looking forward to longer runs.

Got to make the most of these things whilst you can, they grow up fast and I just can’t get into the Xbox nonsense he plays.
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 07:37 PM   #5293
Craig380
Mega Poster

I'm knackered, my @rse is in a coma, my limbs ache, but I'm still grinning from the 270-odd miles around the Llyn Peninsula and Snowdonia in gorgeous sunshine. The roads were quite busy but that didn't get in the way too much
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 08:39 PM   #5294
redtrummy

Craig I am going green with envy - Did the Lyn Peninsula in the mid 70s on a knackered Trummy 3TA - it was quieter then which made it better, Before Covid we stayed on the Peninsula in the m/home and cycled miles around -wonderful!
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 10:17 AM   #5295
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltonSte View Post
Yup Bibs as a pillion, he’s 11. Used to go out with the wife before kids came along but she never wanted to go far.
We went to a cafe an hour and a half away and he loved it. Now wants to go out every weekend and is looking forward to longer runs.

Got to make the most of these things whilst you can, they grow up fast and I just can’t get into the Xbox nonsense he plays.
think you created a monster

my first bike ride was when i was 8 and instantly hooked. 9 years later i had my own hand me downs
Old 31-05-21, 04:43 PM   #5296
Bibio
Mega Poster

getting out on the bike in this cracking weather. lovely and sunny with a nice cool breeze.. perfect..

Old 01-06-21, 08:49 AM   #5297
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

my first bike ride was when i was 8 and instantly hooked. 9 years later i had my own hand me downs
Same here, my dad only had bikes when I was young (mostly a Honda CB77) so there was no way that I wasn't going to get into bikes myself.

Although back then, riding gear was an open-face helmet and my school anorak, which I don't think had CE-approved armour ...
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:44 AM   #5298
CheGuevara

SOTD from Sunday, but only getting around to posting it now. On Sunday afternoon I did the observed ride part of Bikesafe (provided locally by Cambs police). I was weirdly nervous about it, but it was enjoyable, we had perfect weather, traveled some roads I'd not been on before, and of course most importantly, some really useful/constructive advice on how I might ride more safely. £65 well spent
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:44 AM   #5299
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

I could well have, I need to get on more of the IAM rides this year anyway so it'll be good for him to come along. My Grandad used to have a bike as transport and a similar thing happened for me, although I had to wait until I was 21 to get going myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Same here, my dad only had bikes when I was young (mostly a Honda CB77) so there was no way that I wasn't going to get into bikes myself.

Although back then, riding gear was an open-face helmet and my school anorak, which I don't think had CE-approved armour ...
Jeans, an old leather jacket, a an old helmet (before we knew how to get one that fitted properly) and someone else's gloves. Oh and don't forget to wear your Cats, as trainers aren't safe.

His gear is surprisingly good, it's come on a lot and easily exceeds my first textiles from 2008 in quality...not a bad price either.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 12:27 PM   #5300
Ruffy

SOTD - Checking in here as I occasionally do and seeing a resurgence from several of the posters who made the place so interesting, appealing and helpful when I first arrived back in late 2007.

Hope still there that this sort of forum space isn't totally lost to the world of Facebook etc.

Last edited by Ruffy; 04-06-21 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Date correction - I've been here for longer than I thought!
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote