SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-07-21, 07:46 AM   #241
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I don't understand:
Nightclubs - why do they become dangerous in September? Visiting one now is ok, but 2 jabs needed (with proof) in September. Is that when the new variant is scheduled for release? (trying my hand at conspiracy thinking).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57893788
Correct. Same as all these countries which go on the Red list in a week, because what you want is a hoard of people coming back at the same time before the Virus realises what's going on . . . Of what i'm aware of Covid can't read or understand the spoken word - so we should be ok if no one tells it,

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-21, 09:27 AM   #242
Bibio
Mega Poster

september is when all the students go back and its sexfest.. this is how the virus spread up here last year. it was almost at zero and along came the students.... St Andrews beach was like a can of sardines.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-21, 09:29 AM   #243
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
I don't understand:

Nightclubs - why do they become dangerous in September? Visiting one now is ok, but 2 jabs needed (with proof) in September. Is that when the new variant is scheduled for release? (trying my hand at conspiracy thinking).

I think it's too force this age group to get vaccinated.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 20-07-21, 05:44 PM   #244
Ruffy

Quote:
I don't understand:
Ooo, don't get me started!

Too late ...

If there's going to be a condition, why not a negative test? As far as I know, being jabbed does not mean one cannot pass on the virus so there is still residual danger for every attendee. I think this is illogical, prejudicial and unnecessary - discrimination, even?

And as for the apparent ruling that the same won't apply for House of Commons - isn't that an indoor high-density occupied venue? It seems George Orwell was prophetic: "We are all equal, except that some are more equal than others".

The missing piece of the puzzle for me is that there is no official, approved process for permitting/demonstrating legitimate exemption from having the jab, i.e. no way of showing that you haven't been jabbed without being accused of being a crazy anti-vaxxer conspiracy-theorist and killer. Until that is put in place we will be left with polarised hoards each claiming the other is irresponsible.

Seriously, if anyone has any decent advice on how to get high quality medical opinion to help assess whether it's safe for specific individuals to take the jab, please let me know.

To give some context to my concern, both my wife and one of my sons have significant and serious allergy-related concerns to consider before submitting themselves for a jab. (My wife can't even take over-the-counter Ibuprofen without risking severe life-threatening reaction, my son reacts adversely to many foodstuffs.) Even talking to the GP, we cannot get beyond the sales-pitch "most people are fine" - yeah, same with eating peanut butter but that ain't great for everyone, so how do we assess for us specifically? Son is keen to go out again, possibly including clubbing, before he goes completely insane. But it now seems he has to risk killing himself by getting an immature substance injected. Epi-pens at the ready! Good job we don't generally discourage the taking of unfamiliar medicinal substances ... Ah!

[Sorry, I needed to rant I think this "removal of all legal restrictions" step (not!) is the straw that broke the camel's back for me on tolerance of the government leadership through this issue. As a step it needed to come but they've screwed it up because real-life is still badly distorted. IMHO, they have now completely abdicated their leadership responsibility. They've created a monster and now trying to just walk away from sorting it out.]
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-21, 06:01 PM   #245
Ruffy

Another point I'm confused on: Has anyone any insight on if/when we might get to the point of being able to move away from widespread mask wearing and just go about our business without the insidious assumption that we're all breathing the kiss of death all the time?

Legal restrictions have gone (in England at least) yet many organisations and individuals seem unwlling to embrace the new found freedom. If we trusted the "powers that be" when they imposed restrictions, why do we not trust them now they have lifted the same?

Is it going to be left as a somewhat anarchic situation, inconsistent and randomly implemented all over the place? "Follow the science" seems to have got horribly messed up!

(Why am I frustrated by the mask situation? I've realised that, subconsciously, they are making me afraid - I think I may be losing any perspective I had on how serious Covid might be for me. Also, I simply don't like the fact that I can't see the people I'm interacting with smiling and laughing (or frowning/scowling!). The lack of that visual dynamic depresses me.)
Old 20-07-21, 06:07 PM   #246
Bibio
Mega Poster

1. collect peoples DNA via various means (its been going on for years) (if it were about crime then why has more people not been caught using DNA matching?)
2. infect the public with a tailor made virus.
3. instruct the public to line up for swab testing (funny how its pretty much identical to DNA testing)
4. compare notes to see which sector of the public is more susceptible.
5. introduce different variations of virus to keep the money flowing in but not kill certain groups of individuals.
6. give the public an untested vaccination.
6. give all results to the big corporates including life/health insurance (this is a massive revenue).

yes i have my tin hat on.

the world was pretty much at peace just before covid... hmmm..

we all die at some point but the fear of dying is the biggest "tool" that the power that be have.

i'll crawl back under my rock now.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-21, 06:35 PM   #247
Ruffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
1. collect peoples DNA via various means (its been going on for years) (if it were about crime then why has more people not been caught using DNA matching?)
2. infect the public with a tailor made virus.
3. instruct the public to line up for swab testing (funny how its pretty much identical to DNA testing)
4. compare notes to see which sector of the public is more susceptible.
5. introduce different variations of virus to keep the money flowing in but not kill certain groups of individuals.
6. give the public an untested vaccination.
6. give all results to the big corporates including life/health insurance (this is a massive revenue).

yes i have my tin hat on.

the world was pretty much at peace just before covid... hmmm..

we all die at some point but the fear of dying is the biggest "tool" that the power that be have.

i'll crawl back under my rock now.
That does seem quite extreme. Thankfully I'm not convinced they're actually that organised to be able to pull it off without being found out.

The point about manipulation through 'fear of dying' is a legitimate one though. One of my top takeaways from the Covid situation in that the general populus didn't comprehend the numbers for how many people die on a daily basis in the UK (i.e. c.1500/day, 0.5million/year) so perspective was distorted from day one and debate at a macro-level became impossible for lots because of hysteria about any death numbers.

But I'm probably a heartless sod affected by losing both parents at a relatively young age (me and them).
Old 20-07-21, 07:10 PM   #248
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
Legal restrictions have gone (in England at least) yet many organisations and individuals seem unwlling to embrace the new found freedom. If we trusted the "powers that be" when they imposed restrictions, why do we not trust them now they have lifted the same?
The main reason is that the relaxations are a gamble. The best way to create a new virus variant is to allow it to spread in a population. Even if it does not kill the host immediately, the act of viral replication allows the opportunity of a mutation. The WHO said this, 1200 virologists said it in a letter to The Lancet, many of own NHS staff have said this. Given enough replication time a covid version will emerge that will bypass the vaccines and we're back where we started.

The next reason is the mixed messaging. Initially it was said to be very important to wear a face covering, keep your distance and wash your hands. Suddenly, we are told it is no longer a legal requirement...ok, but then we're told we should do it anyway. Taking away the legal aspect makes it seem less important; it's a mixed, confusing message. Is it an attempt to transfer responsibility - I don't know, but I don't trust this government to act ethically.
Old 20-07-21, 07:25 PM   #249
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Everyone focusing on cases, which are being found in people with no symptoms because of massive testing. Hospitalisation and deaths are not following cases....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-21, 07:33 PM   #250
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
Another point I'm confused on: Has anyone any insight on if/when we might get to the point of being able to move away from widespread mask wearing and just go about our business without the insidious assumption that we're all breathing the kiss of death all the time?

Is it going to be left as a somewhat anarchic situation, inconsistent and randomly implemented all over the place? "Follow the science" seems to have got horribly messed up!

(Why am I frustrated by the mask situation? I've realised that, subconsciously, they are making me afraid - I think I may be losing any perspective I had on how serious Covid might be for me. Also, I simply don't like the fact that I can't see the people I'm interacting with smiling and laughing (or frowning/scowling!). The lack of that visual dynamic depresses me.)
For me, it's thinking/knowing that i'm doing something beyond the basics to try and protect myself and others. I do not have an issue wearing a mask in an enclosed environment around other people (my office included).
A private area like an office is about protecting employees, and making people feel safe/comfortable as we all have different levels of anxiety and vulnerability (either directly, or people we see outside of work).

You're all able to decide what works for you, and what you're comfortable with as well as your family. Knowing my Mother works in retail and will have many customers in the store, i would like to think most people will continue to take extra steps to try and keep others safe. Which is why i do the same, as the people working in the shops are all Mothers/Fathers/Sons/Daughters/Brothers/Sisters etc to someone.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote