SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 02-09-09, 07:40 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default AR10 - Your Proposals

Ladles and Jelly spoons...lend me your ears. I may even give em back later.

Firstly how good was AR this year? Ace eh?

Hands up all those who had a good time.

So...let’s think about next year already, you all know you wanna!

What we're after is your basic proposal for your location for the Org to consider, digest, moan about and generally get involved in.

Do you think your area has some astounding roads?

Think you have a campsite that can compete with what we had this year?

Think you can order sunshine like Messie did this year?

Well come on then, lets hear it!

Heres a few things that we've had a previous AR's so if you're not sure what makes for a successful AR, have a read of these and see if that helps you come up with a bid / proposal

1. Campsite with proper Toilet & Shower Block

2. Shop on site or one within walking distance that sells food & drink

3. Rideout route, planned, reccie'd with dedicated markers, with suitable petrol stops and breaks and a lunch stop.

4. Cost - Cheaper is better as a lower cost makes the weekend more accessable, but (theres always one isn't there) dont sacrifice facilities in order to make the weekend cheaper. A site with decent, clean toilets and showers for £7.50 a night is going to be better than a site with a hole in the ground for a toilet and a bucket with some holes drilled in it for a shower that costs £5 a night.

5. Whilst you are thinking about payment, it should be made on arrival and no pre booking or pre payments.

6. And please remember that AR is a non-profit making event.

Others years have included some of or all of the following. You might want to think about how you could deliver these as well.

1. Covered area for shelter if the weather is sh*te

2. Pub on site

3. Focal point, (Hog roast, BBQ, Fire etc etc )

4. Tea / Coffee point / use of a kettle

5. Somewhere to get breakfast

6. The option to purchase a "Goodie Bag", An Org logo'd sidestand puck, or a T-shirt.

7. Photos taken during the ride itself.

Finally.....PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CHAT FREE AND FOR PROPOSALS ONLY. IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS ANYONES PROPOSALS PLEASE DO SO ON THE AR10 CHAT THREAD. ANYTHING FOUND IN HERE THATS NOT A PROPOSAL WILL BE MOVED.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 07:42 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR10 - Your Proposals

A polite request from me and the other mods, dont post anything other than your idea for an AR in this thread, anything else is going to and has been deleted

Use the other thread for discussion please.

Ta

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 10:35 PM   #3
hovis

AR10 the welsh TT

6th to 8th August

brought to you by....

HOVIS AR president and rideout navigator

GRUNTYGIGGLES AR co-ordinator

LILY Hovis' PA and AR secretary

DIAMOND head of logistics

£15
per person for the weekend
kids and dogs free

due to the credit crunch and it may even be a bit cheaper

"160-185 miles of twisty, bike friendly roads taking in the best views and roads that Wales has to offer.

Starting from the Picturesque Campsite near Hay-on-Wye the route takes us through Abergavenny on route to experience the fantastic 1000 sheep road and the Brecon Beacons

From there we head to Llandovery, followed by a drop into the beautiful Elan Valley before going across to Crossgates then skirting past Talgarth to finish back at the campsite in Hay-on-Wye"

Camping will be at the Baskerville Hall Hotel in Hay-on-Wye, Powys HR3 5LE . The hall is where Arthur Conan Doyle got the inspiration for the book, Hounds of the Baskervilles but I'll give more info later on that.

Camping facilities are:

3 acre level field exclusively for us
there's a water tap in the field, there's chemical waste disposal for those who would come in a caravan/campervan etc as well.

Hard standing for bikes exclusively for us, but you can have bikes on the field as well
Plentiful toilet and shower facilities for everyone
Hotel bar with separate entrance exclusively for us
A swimming pool free of charge
Able to have BBQ's on field so long as they are off the grass
Able to bring own alcohol so long as it's kept out of the bar
The hotel has a nightclub attached to the rear and is £5 if you fancy making shapes on the dance floor. Having camped there I can say that there is no noise to be heard from the club when in the field... I didn't even know it was there until I was told!
Food has not been confirmed as yet, but we have a few options and all are cheap and excellent, so will confirm soon
Plenty of petrol stations and shops nearby although the site itself is in a beautiful spot with fantastic views over the Brecon’s and on the doorstep of amazing roads!

The price will be confirmed soon, but it will be a very pleasant surprise as this place is less than half the price I would have expected for what you get!

This is the place..........quite an old picture, has much more grass on the field now as you can see in the picture in my thread!

FOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Right guys.......as for food......I've sorted it just now, need to PM Hovis about it before it gets added to the proposal, but put simply, there will be a burger van on site from Friday lunchtime, with a marquee for cover and tables, seating and heater provided, if necessary (which we hope it won't be).

This has been arranged through a family member and so I have been able to arrange subsidised prices, but this is not the run-of-the-mill burger van. They are local to Hay-On-Wye, all of their food is sourced within a few miles and is of excellent quality....no mass produced burgers, sausages or hotdogs....it's all very high quality and somehow, cheaper than any burger van I've ever been to. Probably something to do with my Brother-in-law having used them for the past 10 years+.

Now.....they have kindly agreed to offer tea and coffee free of charge all weekend, however, I would like to stress that as they are being so good, it would be nice if we could all make an effort to use them over the weekend so that they can make some money at least. Obviously some will want to bring their own food or eat in the hotel and that is absolutely fine.....but please all remember that they are there and use them if you can.

This is of course, only if we get voted in. They can do any weekend we end up going for, so that's not an issue.

To cap it all off.....they are going to do free bacon butties for everyone on the Sunday morning.

Hooooraaaaay!!!!!

if you dont fancy camping there is a hotel aswell

Tariff for Baskerville Hall Hotel

All accommodation includes full English
breakfast and is quoted per person per night.

Executive style doubles or twins £47.50

Executive style single £57.50

Standard doubles, twins or triples £37.50

Standard single £47.50

Budget style twins or doubles £30.00

Budget style singles £40.00

Family rooms…. Children 12 or under charged half price
Dormitories (towels not provided)………. £17
These are in 6 different sizes ranging from an 8-bedded room to 16

Last edited by hovis; 30-09-09 at 11:36 AM.
Old 21-09-09, 07:01 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

OK, poll officially closed last night and it seems there is no other contender to this mighty proposal so i guess its decided that AR10 is in WALES!!!!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-09, 07:29 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Whoop, whoop!... Oops, sorry, is that considered chat?... Oh, it is... Let me get my coat then.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote