SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-06-18, 08:20 PM   #5181
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I think the Electro might be too far gone. The rf mirror is totally missing, the rewind crank shaft is loose (easy fix) and there is something sticking out from the aperture area. Hmm, what to do.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 05:57 AM   #5182
yokohama

What's in the aperture mechanism? That sounds serious. If the rewind crank is fixable, you could forget the rf and use the scale focus.
The lens is supposed to be one of the best things about the Electro. User experiences range from bad to good. If it works, try it out. Check the images and if you don't like it, sell on. Loads of repair info on the net about this camera. Check the wind on sound and pad of death issue too as this affects the metering.
You've sown a seed though. Will stick a roll of B&W in mine and try it out at this week's 40s weekend.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 06:21 PM   #5183
Kenzie

Rangefinder fever? Its an odd little black line, I don't think the lens is cracked, looks more like a bit of sealant. I'll have a ponder on it, but using it as scale focus makes sense. I may keep an eye out for a GT.

Reskinned a Trip 35

And acquired a Rollei A 110, this thing is tiny!

Old 06-06-18, 07:41 PM   #5184
yokohama

Yeah, it looks like a bit of sealant or foam. Shouldn't be a big problem. Nice job on the Trip.
Seems I got lucky too

Old 06-06-18, 08:04 PM   #5185
Kenzie

Nice score. I've been outbid on the 1.4.
Old 06-06-18, 08:27 PM   #5186
yokohama

I only came across the lens by chance and it wasn't listed in the description. Spotted it when I checked the pics. All the other lenses seem fine and in decent condition too. The camera is a tank. Really heavy. Meter works and it fires but the shutter seems a bit sticky. I need to clean it up and check the mirror bumper foam but it's hidden behind a metal rim and hard to get to.
Old 06-06-18, 08:36 PM   #5187
Kenzie

Still a great find, probably worth more than the while kit put together. I want to get out and shoot, got a day off next week while my wife is at a training course, so I may pack a bag of year or finish off some that are already loaded. I have films in the Program A, the K1000 and the Nikon SO that I can remember off the top of my head. Can't wait to move and get my darkroom. I could do with investing in a proper film slitter too, 120 to 127 preferably.
Old 07-06-18, 04:37 AM   #5188
yokohama

Darkroom will be great. Any update on the move?
The lens on the camera was a 28mm f2.8 Makinon BTW - probably not great - and there was also the Vivitar series 1 70-210 and a Minolta 135 f4 with a dented filter ring but optically and mechanically fine. Lots to play with.
Old 07-06-18, 05:22 AM   #5189
Kenzie

Well we have received the mortgage offer, so just waiting for the reflection period and then it should be moving again.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-18, 05:28 PM   #5190
Kenzie

I have managed to fish out the small black item from inside the lens. Followed guide: http://mattsclassiccameras.com/how-t...ca-electro-35/ and took it all apart. Will need to double check the focus I guess. I'm not the first in here, screws holding everything together inside the lens were all loose. Just need to sort out the rangefinder and the rewind crank guide. Edit, the rangefinder mirror is missing from its mount, I have a small mirror I can take from a Fujica Auto M rangefinder mech. Will look at it when I'm not so tired.

Might have to come up with another plan for the RF mirror, doesn't want to come of its mount. The camera came with an original 5.6v battery and the shutter does fire. Makes a nice clunk as its co.cked.

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-06-18 at 05:49 PM.