SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-05-10, 05:06 PM   #1
thulfi

Default Red Dead Redemption (PS3/xbox)

So I finally purchased the latest release from Rockstar games (same creators of GTA). I've seen the ads, and read the reviews, with many claiming it to be the third best game on the PS3 ever and ratings a consistent 9 - 9.5.

Well I got it yesterday and wow, I'm hooked already. It was sold out everywhere yesterday at the centre MK except one of the Game stores had like 4 copies left! I won't bother posting a mini review because I won't do it justice and you can read better elsewhere but I've not put it down since I got it (not good idea with exams less than a month away).

The Wild West + guns + horses + freedom to do what you want + poker + I could go on!

Any other orgers bought this game already? For those who were contemplating, it's well worth it. Looks like COD might get a bit dusty.
Old 30-05-10, 05:17 PM   #2
BBadger

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption (PS3/xbox)

Been thinking about it but wasnt a fan of GTA4 ....but loved the old red dead revolver.
Is it more gta in style or is it a completely different game ?
Old 30-05-10, 05:34 PM   #3
thulfi

Yeh GTA4 was alright, but it's a completely different game. I only mentioned rockstar due to the respect I have for virtually all the games they come up with, even going back to the ps2 days of GTA3 and Vice City.

If you loved red dead revolver though you'll most probably like this ever more.
I'd say its GTA similarity is the freedome of terrain, the fact you could kill any person riding past you and jack their horse/carriage, or pretty much do whatever you want within the given world - but it's a million miles from GTA.

For example, when riding between ranches/places of living you'll see bandits every now and again looting common farmers, so you can just ride on, help the poor sod, or just kill 'em all, then loot their dead bodies.
But then there's a gazillion other type things like this which are even better.
Old 30-05-10, 05:40 PM   #4
BBadger

Im sold! to game on tuseday!
Old 30-05-10, 05:43 PM   #5
thulfi

Good man!
Old 30-05-10, 05:58 PM   #6
ChrisSV

I got my copy yesterday, and tbh the last game that got me this hooked was Fallout 3, and im stil hooked on that, so i get this distinct feeling this game is just gonna get better and better
Old 30-05-10, 06:41 PM   #7
G
Mega Poster

My girlfriend bought me this yesterday. Only played it for half hour yesterday but it's slow going. Fallout 3 was slow going too at first then I got addicted I hope it's just the same as that.
Old 30-05-10, 07:30 PM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Fallout 3 was slow going too at first then I got addicted I hope it's just the same as that.

+1 i didnt like it at first but got completely hooked on it, one of the best xobx games i bought and it only cost me 15 quid

i have been thinking about purchasing RDR but i honestly couldn't see what's so appealing about a cowboy theme that can be so brilliant? im interested but not sold completely considering its probably about 40 quid

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 30-05-10 at 07:31 PM.
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-10, 08:25 PM   #9
beabert

I thought the game was boring at first, but it gets better as you go on. I completed the story just and its very sad Im now going to 100% it as a do with GTA, these are the only games i think are worth playing.

I wouldnt say it was better than GTA 4, but it comes close.

Im hoping rockstar will get stuck in to GTA 5 now, but knowing their history i reckon it wont be out until 2012.
Old 30-05-10, 08:32 PM   #10
boot

Looks alright on the adverts.

I'm waiting for Naughty Bear.
http://www.naughtybearthegame.com/

From what I've heard about it, if it doesn't get banned a week after release I'd be amazed!