SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-01-07, 01:11 PM   #11
chunkytfg

tripple post even
Old 21-01-07, 01:13 PM   #12
chunkytfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
I'd be game but would want to book nearer the time ...

chunkytfg - Snett sounds interesting tooo ... same deal though if I booked, it'd be nearer the time
Snett is cheap, but if I have to ride there on the morning, then I rather it was a bit warmer still. Booking a B&B + petrol doesn't make it such a cheap deal

Brands on the other hand, is only about 25 miles for me
snett is only 10 miles from me hence me going there.

Blue_sv650s BE good to put a face to thename if you do come along. I'll be in the intermediates finding my feet on a new bike

Edit. god what i've just written looks like a total cop out to what i said in the other thread
Old 21-01-07, 01:23 PM   #13
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd be game but would want to book nearer the time ...

chunkytfg - Snett sounds interesting tooo ... same deal though if I booked, it'd be nearer the time
Snett is cheap, but if I have to ride there on the morning, then I rather it was a bit warmer still. Booking a B&B + petrol doesn't make it such a cheap deal

Brands on the other hand, is only about 25 miles for me
Brands is 100 miles for me, Snett is 200 miles ... if I wasn't prepared to travel then I'd never do trackdays as they are all too far!! Apart from being an awesome track, the only reason I can justify doing tracks like Cadders (which is even further still!!), is that the entry fees are normally lower than southern tracks ... so although more fuel, this is offset but entry cost ... so basically then way I look at it, wherever I go a trackday costs about the same in total, but it's nice to have a bit of variation!!

BTW for me it's not Snett OR Brands I am considering, its Snett AND Brands
I don't mind the distance - just not when it's f***ing cold! Snetterton is on my list of tracks for this year, but maybe more towards the summer.

EDIT: Just noticed looking on the map, my step-grandparents live in Thetford and they are long overdue a visit! Hmmmm
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 02:29 PM   #14
Blue_SV650S

Quote:

I don't mind the distance - just not when it's f***ing cold! Snetterton is on my list of tracks for this year, but maybe more towards the summer.

EDIT: Just noticed looking on the map, my step-grandparents live in Thetford and they are long overdue a visit! Hmmmm
Well quite, its much nicer when you have a nice warm and cosey van to travel up in - it may be an old battered piece of s***, but at least it has a heater!!

Chunky -
Bearing in mind my bike is probably only good for ~130 (and it's not going to get there very fast ), I have to say I am not sure how frustrating Snett is going to be on the SV!? , but hey, I have actually grown to love the circuit and if I race the SV, would probably do one there!!

If you put yourself in inters then that's where I would go too, we could always move about as the day progresses. But my experience of inters is that the level of ability in the group varies so much that it could get frustrating real quick, especially at a track like snett where we (well me even more than you ) are bound to get annihilated down the straights by the 600s and Thous and then they will pull in front and park it for the corner which if you are trying to 'get your thing on' is annoying after a while to say the least ... at least SOME of the people in the fast group might have actually cleared off by the time we get there?!?
Old 21-01-07, 02:32 PM   #15
chunkytfg

Quote:
Quote:

Well quite, its much nicer when you have a nice warm and cosey van to travel up in - it may be an old battered piece of s***, but at least it has a heater!!

Chunky -
Bearing in mind my bike is probably only good for ~130 (and it's not going to get there very fast ), I have to say I am not sure how frustrating Snett is going to be on the SV!? , but hey, I have actually grown to love the circuit and if I race the SV, would probably do one there!!

If you put yourself in inters then that's where I would go too, we could always move about as the day progresses. But my experience of inters is that the level of ability in the group varies so much that it could get frustrating real quick, especially at a track like snett where we (well me even more than you ) are bound to get annihilated down the straights by the 600s and Thous and then they will pull in front and park it for the corner which if you are trying to 'get your thing on' is annoying after a while to say the least ... at least SOME of the people in the fast group might have actually cleared off by the time we get there?!?

Bear in mind i'm a shade over 20stone the extra power isnt going to be a huge advantage i rekon.

I did snett on my mintwin when it had styandard suspension front and back!!!! now that was interesting

I agree about the grouping but last time i did a TD with FE at snett the slowest guy in the fast group was doing 14's
Old 21-01-07, 03:01 PM   #16
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytfg
Bear in mind i'm a shade over 20stone the extra power isnt going to be a huge advantage i rekon.

I did snett on my mintwin when it had styandard suspension front and back!!!! now that was interesting

I agree about the grouping but last time i did a TD with FE at snett the slowest guy in the fast group was doing 14's
You are right at 20st I'll be able to slip stream nicely!!

You had a fast day there, I have been in fast groups at Snetterton a few times and most of the people were probably in 1:20s-1:30 (or less, well more ), there was only a handful of us in the sub 1:20s, certainly sub 1:14s …

Anyhoo, if we do get a fast day and everyone else is doing 1:14s then they should be generally clear, not wobblers … I don’t care about the rest of them … as far as I am concerned it is me-v-you fella!! … See if you can convince Sarah to go too {slams a PAIR of gauntlets down!!}
Old 21-01-07, 03:06 PM   #17
chunkytfg

Quote:
Quote:

You are right at 20st I'll be able to slip stream nicely!!

You had a fast day there, I have been in fast groups at Snetterton a few times and most of the people were probably in 1:20s-1:30 (or less, well more ), there was only a handful of us in the sub 1:20s, certainly sub 1:14s …

Anyhoo, if we do get a fast day and everyone else is doing 1:14s then they should be generally clear, not wobblers … I don’t care about the rest of them … as far as I am concerned it is me-v-you fella!! … See if you can convince Sarah to go too {slams a PAIR of gauntlets down!!}

Nope dont think sarah will do it. she's got trips to ascari as such like to practice on as opposed to deepest darkest norfolk.

If the fast lot are doing 20's-30's then i'll deffo ask to go up. bear in mind the fact it's 2 weeks before bemsee starts though so i'd bet there will be a few racers out there(and i suppose that'll include me aswell )
Old 21-01-07, 03:14 PM   #18
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Nope dont think sarah will do it. she's got trips to ascari as such like to practice on as opposed to deepest darkest norfolk.

If the fast lot are doing 20's-30's then i'll deffo ask to go up. bear in mind the fact it's 2 weeks before bemsee starts though so i'd bet there will be a few racers out there(and i suppose that'll include me aswell )
But won't she be racing in norfolk not ascari?!!?

Suck it and see hey, I doubt the groups will be full anyway ...
Old 21-01-07, 04:22 PM   #19
rob13

Tis ok for you southern lot, you seem to have quite a few tracks about. Up here, we've got Croft but nearest to that is gonna be Cadwell Park.
Old 21-01-07, 06:12 PM   #20
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester
Tis ok for you southern lot, you seem to have quite a few tracks about. Up here, we've got Croft but nearest to that is gonna be Cadwell Park.
Not only do you have Croft on your doorstep, but Cadwell is ~140 miles from you, as is Oulton, ... Knockhill and Mallory are about 150-160 too ... so not only do you have Croft on your doorstep, but you have some of the most exhilarating tracks in the UK with a 150 miles radius ...

I have Brands 100 miles, Silverstone 120 ... the next nearest is 200 miles!! The problem with Brands is that it is stupidly expensive (in season)!! And to be fair ... a little boring after a while