SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-04-14, 11:44 AM   #1
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Stag weekend in Newcastle - recommendations?

So I'm off to Newcastle in August for my brother-in-law's stag weekend, so far plans are a bit, erm, fluid. Any top tips would be good, such as places to eat or a club to go where all stag nights should end up. So far we are going to go up there on Friday, go-karting at Karting Northeast near Durham (tarmac looks good but the 1000cc offroad karts have a certain appeal), then we're back down to Manc for the Saturday night. Our group should be around 8 so not too big and I don't think they'll be too rowdy. I've never been out in Newcastle though so please help out! PM me stuff that can't be admitted in public!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 02:06 PM   #2
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Stag weekend in Newcastle - recommendations?

Budget dependant, but there's a couple of Premier Inn / Travel Lodge type places on Quayside, or a bit nicer there's a Jury's Inn, 5 mins walk from the train station.

Destination wise, a local will be able to keep you right, but from my experience you've got:

- The Gate - all a bit theme-bar'y (Wetherspoons/TGI Fridays et al) for my liking, but certainly busy enough.

- Quayside - more upmarket, nicer bars

- Biggmarket - now we're into real Stag & Hen do territory. Rough as a badgers ass-crack, full of pubs and kebab shops and pretty much where all stag n hen parties seem to gravitate towards.

Enjoy, it's a good night out is Newcastle!

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-14, 02:41 PM   #3
L3nny
Mega Poster

I went Karting on a Stag do in Newcastle and it was a good track, was a few years ago and I was still hammered from the night before but it was still good.

Threw up afterwards though, I think it was the smell of the loan helmet so would reccomend taking your own lol
Old 29-04-14, 03:25 PM   #4
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: Re: Stag weekend in Newcastle - recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
Budget dependant, but there's a couple of Premier Inn / Travel Lodge type places on Quayside, or a bit nicer there's a Jury's Inn, 5 mins walk from the train station.

Destination wise, a local will be able to keep you right, but from my experience you've got:

- The Gate - all a bit theme-bar'y (Wetherspoons/TGI Fridays et al) for my liking, but certainly busy enough.

- Quayside - more upmarket, nicer bars

- Biggmarket - now we're into real Stag & Hen do territory. Rough as a badgers ass-crack, full of pubs and kebab shops and pretty much where all stag n hen parties seem to gravitate towards.

Enjoy, it's a good night out is Newcastle!
This!
If you want off the regular stag routes, don't dress up. Good areas that I frequent are the bars around Pilgrim Street (alvinos, lady grays, Bacchus and onto grey street), the Ouseburn and Osborne road in Jesmond.

Daytime there is a gokarting at Dunston, big outdoor centre just outside Sunderland (the name evades me) or do the Tyne ale trail

Nighttime entertainment, there is a the stand comedy club in the city and a few gentlemens clubs

written with a biro

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 03:55 PM   #5
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Thanks to all for the info, much appreciated!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote