SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-04-07, 09:49 AM   #1
Baph

Default Borderline songs

Listening to Radio1 at the moment. Is it only me, or are some of the songs that get released from time to time, shall we say, dubious?

It could be my warped mind, but in perticular, the song I'm talking about was repeating the lyric over & over again "I'll lick your ice-cream you can lick my lolly-pop." Whlist I'm all for sharing sweets, I don't really think that's the meaning behind the song.

I know I certainly won't be chuffed if I get home to find my 6 yr old daughter singing her heart out with those lyrics (she's just starting to understand issues like that).

The TV has rules about what can be shown, does the radio medium escape these regulations?

Discuss
Old 03-04-07, 09:54 AM   #2
keithd

Default Re: Borderline songs

i'm outraged

Mrs Trellis, North Wales
Old 03-04-07, 09:57 AM   #3
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Listening to Radio1 at the moment. Is it only me, or are some of the songs that get released from time to time, shall we say, dubious?

It could be my warped mind, but in perticular, the song I'm talking about was repeating the lyric over & over again "I'll lick your ice-cream you can lick my lolly-pop." Whlist I'm all for sharing sweets, I don't really think that's the meaning behind the song.

I know I certainly won't be chuffed if I get home to find my 6 yr old daughter singing her heart out with those lyrics (she's just starting to understand issues like that).

The TV has rules about what can be shown, does the radio medium escape these regulations?

Discuss
they must have some because they bleep out/remove swear words from songs and djs have to apologise if they or one of their guests swears on air.
Old 03-04-07, 10:19 AM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Other thing - is it all cover versions of what?

Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton doing "Downtown",

Mel "Sporty Spice" C doing "I Want Candy"

then there is was another band doing covering something else on tv on Sunday.

Now I do like cover versions where something new has been done with it - such as recording it in another style, and I like what Eric Prydz has done with "Call Me" and "Another Brick in the Wall", but wheres the new music?

David (slightly embarassed and ashamed that he put Girls Aloud on his MP3 player and now quite likes them......)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 11:39 AM   #5
thedonal

Thing is, they're not covers, are they? Just samples of the original song, clubbed up to the max.

Unfortunately, you have to look further afield than the radio stations to find new music. That's the situation caused by marketing, really.