SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Am I Minging?
Ewww you are minging!! 5 45.45%
Nothing wrong with that, nature takes care of these things after a while. 2 18.18%
I am sure the ‘old spice’ overpowers it, so no matter. 2 18.18%
You are mininging but I’d still sleep with you … 1 9.09%
My mum/sister wouldn’t mind a bit …she like her men to smell like men. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-11-06, 10:56 AM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Smelly saggy leathers

Ok, so after having the same road leathers for over a decade ... it might be time I treated myself to some new leathers?! (or should I wait until x-mass sales?!). The leather although a bit saggy now on mine is still fine, but the lining is getting a bit to easy to tear (been sewn up loads of times) and .. well ... 10 years ... used pretty much every day ... they are in need of a bit of a clean

Anyone got a set of these? I take it they zip together? £200 for top and bottom I can handle ...

http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/produ...roducts_id/344
http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/produ...roducts_id/392
Old 15-11-06, 11:05 AM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Oh my god ... just added it up ... the top half is ~15years old, the bottom half are about 8 (the first set of bottoms broke, so replaced them with an identical set so they would still fit the top about 8 years ago).

THAT IS MINGING

"Am I mingin'?"

Tell you what is minging ... after the hot summer, comes the first proper rain ... when the leathers dry again for the first time after a good soaking ... my entire suit is covered in white patches ... presumably salt that has soaked into them over the summer ... nice!!!
Old 15-11-06, 11:08 AM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Oh my god ... just added it up ... the top half is ~15years old, the bottom half are about 8 (the first set of bottoms broke, so replaced them with an identical set so they would still fit the top about 8 years ago).

THAT IS MINGING

"Am I mingin'?"
Set this thread up as a poll and lets find out
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-06, 11:09 AM   #4
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Arnt they smelly because you shat in them?

Im having to get my third set in 2yrs, ist set are too big and have lots of scraping down one side, the second pair are nice but got serously streached on the Lydden track day and now i have lost weight they are a little big. So onto pair 3 and down in size again. Saying that i will keep the others for when i plump up again.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-06, 11:16 AM   #5
Beenz

Yup, got a set of these in red, they clash with the blue/white bike a treat They are very well put together and pretty comfortable too. Note that the pants do not have pockets, not a deal breaker for me.

To get em to zip together though you need the same size jacket and pants eg, a 52 jacket will mate to 52 pants. For me being less svelt than I used to be I got a bigger jacket and got the 'other half' of the zips (you should get these) sewn together, works a treat.

e.g.
<edit> multiple spaces are lost in posts.
jacket zip ....------------------------------
sewn............xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pants zip.......--------------------------
<end>

I'm not sure if they'd be warm enough for the winter unless you get some windproof under ware long jons or something. For winter the textiles take some beating although nowhere near as comfortable as these leathers.
Old 15-11-06, 11:21 AM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
Thanks for the review. My commute only takes about 15-20 mins, so not really enough time to freeze. I can always pop a jacket over the top if necessary too.

I notice they do a 1 piece too ... bearing in mind i never split the top from bottoms this is still an option. But 1 piece are normally harder to get on than 2 piece ...
Old 15-11-06, 12:01 PM   #7
Dave The Rave

get one of these. ask for last year model in your size and you pay around £260 for superb quality.

http://www.psihubik.cz/lang/en/katal...p?kat=1&id=103
Old 15-11-06, 07:19 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Went down HG after work ... tried on them leathers, they just didn't fit properly, so gave up on the idea. Clothes, leathers in particular vary quite a bit ... i.e. if you measure up as one size it is not to say a set of leathers will fit. Even models of the same brand can seem to be a bit random, let alone different makes. hence why I would rather 'try-on' than order some on size only basis Dave. But thanks 4 the link.

Oh and can I just say that the head huncho down the Pompy branch of HG is a really nice bloke, you can have a laugh, he is knowledgeable happy to help and yet not hard sell.

I have met a lot of grumpy and unhelpful people when shopping in the past, he isn't one of them, most refreshing!
Old 15-11-06, 07:27 PM   #9
Nostrils

I have a set of reds too. Both same sizes, but damn tight! I have been wearing them around the house like a dork to get them to loosen up a little!! WHY?

Because they are for my new bike due in the spring and dont go with my current bike in Repsol Colours - Yes I'm a tart!
Old 15-11-06, 07:28 PM   #10
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Oh and can I just say that the head huncho down the Pompy branch of HG is a really nice bloke, you can have a laugh, he is knowledgeable happy to help and yet not hard sell.

I have met a lot of grumpy and unhelpful people when shopping in the past, he isn't one of them, most refreshing!
Seconded. Really nice bloke.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote