SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-08-08, 02:50 PM   #1
lily

Smile Marches Meander Thank you

A big big big thank you for Marches. My first ride out on my own rather than being a pillion, and i must say it was the best!!!!!!

Even though I only did half the ride and ducked out at the lunch stop as it was only 25 miles from home. I had a great time and can’t wait for another one.

Thank you to Ed for organising a great ride, the roads were great and very manageable for me so the guys going at a quicker speed they must have been fantastic!!!!!

Thank you to Andy (El Saxo) for being TEC you didn’t moan once at the speed I was going at and was great thank you.

And a big thank you to everybody else you all encouraged me at every opportunity possible and anybody that over took me (not many ) but you all were very thoughtful of me and didn’t scare the sh!t out of me.

Done a total of 156 mile by the time I got home...... which I think isn’t bad going!!!!!!

Anyway thank you again!!!!!

Lily x
Old 17-08-08, 05:12 PM   #2
Ed

Default Re: Marches Meander Thank you

Hey Lily, you did great!!! Really well. Don't underestimate your own ability.

Yep thanks indeed to Andy who did a sterling job as TEC, nobody got lost.

It was a terrific ride, we even had sunshine for most of the way Ended up back at Daryl's house for tea so thanks to him and Beverley.
Old 17-08-08, 05:24 PM   #3
Sean_C

Glad you guys had fun.

It looks like my bike will be fixed just in time to miss all the great rideouts
Old 17-08-08, 05:37 PM   #4
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Cheers Ed! Superb roads and good company. I'll post some pics after the curry I've just ordered.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-08, 05:42 PM   #5
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
A big big big thank you for Marches. My first ride out on my own rather than being a pillion, and i must say it was the best!!!!!!

Even though I only did half the ride and ducked out at the lunch stop as it was only 25 miles from home. I had a great time and can’t wait for another one.

Thank you to Ed for organising a great ride, the roads were great and very manageable for me so the guys going at a quicker speed they must have been fantastic!!!!!

Thank you to Andy (El Saxo) for being TEC you didn’t moan once at the speed I was going at and was great thank you.

And a big thank you to everybody else you all encouraged me at every opportunity possible and anybody that over took me (not many ) but you all were very thoughtful of me and didn’t scare the sh!t out of me.

Done a total of 156 mile by the time I got home...... which I think isn’t bad going!!!!!!

Anyway thank you again!!!!!

Lily x
Well done Lily, glad to you had a awesome time on the rideout today. Great feeling isn't it??

Old 17-08-08, 06:13 PM   #6
mister c
Mega Poster

Lily I was amazed at how well you rode today. For someone that only passed their test on Friday you showed a natural ability. Good luck with the rest of your riding, enjoy & again, well done
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-08, 06:23 PM   #7
Neeja

+1 on being a great day. Special thanks to Pete for leading me and Nemo down - I think I learned more about riding my bike in one 55 mile blast than I've done in the past 2 months, and it helped my wet-weather confidence loads.

El Saxo also got a great run leading us back up the A49, so he got his fun blast.

What was scary was just how slow all the 50mph zones seemed on the way back :-S
Old 17-08-08, 06:25 PM   #8
Girth
Mega Poster

Hey lily!

Cheers again for letting us crash at your place.

You rode very good considering you only just passed. You was/are better than me when i first passed my test, and my instructor told my i should have a 1000cc or a 1300cc for my talent level!
Old 17-08-08, 07:30 PM   #9
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
my instructor told my i should have a 1000cc or a 1300cc for my talent level!
Well you got one...

If I had a £1 for each time you overtook me, I'd be rich... I knew it was you without looking in the mirror - rumble rumble rumble
Old 17-08-08, 07:40 PM   #10
darylB

Well done lily, you did well and it was good to meet you at last, keep practising and you'll soon be leaving us all behind

Daryl.