SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-06-06, 05:59 PM   #1
embee
Mega Poster

Default SVS clip-on alternatives

OK, done some searching and I remember the "Sunrisers", but has anyone fitted alternative clip-ons to a curvy SVS?

I'm not that unhappy with the stock bars, but a touch higher might be nice.

Found this reference to "Hawk GT" bars (a USA Honda model, not sure exactly what model that is in UK speak)
http://members.tripod.com/tcmcstuff/SV650Clipons.htm

and also found some references to using VFR clip-ons, I'm guessing basically the same style as the Hawk bars.

They do look neat, and being an original equipment part at least they're going to be a known engineered standard.

Just wondering if anyone has a specific item they can recommend, model/year etc.??
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-06, 07:05 PM   #2
21QUEST
Mega Poster

I'll go for the ones from Bandit/SV Mania if I were looking for after market ones myself. Reasonable price and no need to chop your originals up.

The GT hawk is American Honda Bros. The Bros bars comes in low and high rise bars but they are as rear as hens teeth. More so the higher rise ones. VFR bars are also sort after by Bros owners (with lower rise bars) wish for a bit more length. My guess would be probably hard to find as well.

Cheers
Ben

EDIT: I think the ones form Bandit Mania are listed as for the Ugly SV but don't see any reason why they shouldn't fit. Best to check on that in any case.
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote