SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-05-13, 03:51 AM   #11
stuR

Default Re: STOLEN - GSXR 1216 Special

+1...
Old 27-05-13, 09:22 AM   #12
M65

Basically, after finding out who one person involved in the theft was, his photo and Facebook account was shared all over the place. This lad then started getting "communications" shall we say! Not long after, the owner of the bike got a phone call and was told that the bike was being held to ransom and how much would he pay for it. The theif was told to go away in no uncertain terms. During the next 24 hours, and after the phone number of the thief was mysteriously distributed around to lots of people and websites etc, he received over 400 calls in one day demanding the bike be returned to its rightful owner. After obviously getting bored of this, the thief phoned the owner back and said where the bike was and to come and collect it. Luckily it was actually there and with very little damage considering. The owner went round with a couple of mates and made sure that he got it back without any hostilities.

Thats basically it anyway! The police were rubbish though I must say. Even when the owner found out where the bike was and that it was being held to ransom, he phoned the police to tell them all the details and they said they couldnt do anything as there was no proof. What a joke.
Old 27-05-13, 09:31 AM   #13
AndyBrad

So has the bloke been banged up?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 27-05-13, 09:48 AM   #14
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M65 View Post
Thats basically it anyway! The police were rubbish though I must say. Even when the owner found out where the bike was and that it was being held to ransom, he phoned the police to tell them all the details and they said they couldnt do anything as there was no proof. What a joke.
Stolen vehicle being on someones property obviously not enough then.

Reminds me of the old joke about some old boy with someone breaking into his shed "never mind I just went out and shot him" and see how long they take to turn up!
Old 27-05-13, 10:08 AM   #15
AndyBrad

To be fair. If I had that sort of information id give yorkie chris a call. Give him a few notes and say go make yourself a new set of knee sliders ( from actual knees ) it facks me off this blokes effectively got away with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 27-05-13, 11:03 AM   #16
timwilky
Mega Poster

30 Years ago we saw a mates bike leaving the pub. thought nothing of it until he turns up pint in hand.

It didn't take long to work out who the rider was. About 50+ very angry people round to where he lived. When the garage door was opened there were 5 stolen bikes in there.

Light fingered individual had been hauled out of the house and persuaded of the errors of his way. I doubt he would ever be able to ride a bike again.

Fitting punishment. Police were called by his parents, but nobody knew who the angry strangers were!

Last edited by timwilky; 27-05-13 at 11:11 AM. Reason: take out reference to actual punishment
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-13, 11:32 AM   #17
M65

I was encouraging the owner a lot to dispatch some form of retribution but he didnt seem to keen on it. He was just happy to have his bike back. I know I would not have been able to leave it at that if I was in his shoes.
Old 28-05-13, 04:11 PM   #18
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Time tends to dull people's memories of what the actual transgression was
Old 28-05-13, 04:39 PM   #19
M65

Its only been just over a week though! If someone stole my bike Im damned sure I wouldnt have forgotten about it. I think the mob should have been given a job personally but each to their own I guess.