SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2005 Annual Rideout To discuss and plan this years get-together

Old 06-06-05, 02:03 PM   #91
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
they seem mighty pricey compared to my tent which at £14.99 I just managed to get past Mrs jonboy's budget.

Granted they are. I think mine was about £40 but then again I 'camp' about quite a lot

Old 06-06-05, 02:08 PM   #92
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Quote:
Originally Posted by exduker
and we were going a bit slower than I thought - albeit for understandable reasons with that many riders of differing abilities.
BH how fast do you ride ordinarily then??? I couldn't keep up, I was w-a-a-a-a-y behind at the back. The pace was too fast for me, TBH.
Ed. the pace of the rideout is the pace that you want to ride it. That is what the marker system is for. You have as much right to go on the ride as anyone else, and I hope that you were not thinking too much about holding anyone up. Remember, someone will ALWAYS be the slowest rider, this time it was you. So what.

For those that thought the pace was slow, well there was nothing stopping you working your way to the front and being a marker, this allows you to stop and wait for the back marker and then overtake and make your way to the front again, as demonstrated by Raf quite well. It seemed to me that every other turn point, there was Raf marking.

I think the person that probably had the most ardeous task on the day was Leigh. I'm sure that he would have loved to have been in the pack having fun. Well done m8 good job done.

Old 06-06-05, 02:18 PM   #93
wheelnut

Quote:
As I was back-marker for the second stint I waited at the Tesco exit till everyone was gone when there were two straggling SVs not with the main group so I waited and waved them on quickly saying "oi get a move on". Followed them out into the queue of traffic and patiently waited behind them to once again have to wave them forward only for them to stick behind the car in front, so I moved up waved them on again even more impatiently and said "okay let's go lads", when they turned to me and shouted "er, we're not with the ride we've never seen you lot before". Oh well almost had another two recruits .

I had a similar experience at Tesco.

After we turned left towards Tesco, there were several confused SV'ers who wernt sure if they should go into the carpark or not, we had a marker inside the carpark entrance, However i took it upon myself to park across the lights directing traffic into the correct lane and into the Tesco entrance.

It also gave me a chance to light the first cig for 2 hours and 20 minutes

I was pointing into the car park for a while till i thought we had everyone back, then another couple of bikes came up and ignored my gestures, they came past me looking like I was related to the Adams family.

At one point I got seperated by some traffic lights and I got away and was chasing this bloke, he was certainly going well and my bike ran out of puff :P then he waved and shot off down a farm track.

Around the next bend I caught up again with a gaggle of SV's

Scotland next year anyone?

Old 06-06-05, 02:33 PM   #94
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Scotland next year anyone?
I'm up for that.

Old 06-06-05, 02:34 PM   #95
diamond

Great day, great people, great route, great organisation. All in all a top day Thanks everyone who played there part no matter how big or small. Roll on next year.

Special thanks to baldyman for the superb blast round most of the route on saturday it was a crackin weekend.

Old 06-06-05, 02:35 PM   #96
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

scotland wud be ace !!!!

with a gel seat !¬
Old 06-06-05, 02:40 PM   #97
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigourneysbeaver
scotland wud be ace !!!!

with a gel seat !¬
my gel seat arrived this morning , 24 hours too late to save major @rse ache

Old 06-06-05, 02:42 PM   #98
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigourneysbeaver
with a gel seat !
I'll second that!

The fazer was parked up on the side of the road when I passed it on the way home. It didn't look too bad.

280 miles is the most I have ever done in one day and I ain't half stiff today especially across the shoulders, if only I had a fairing..

Old 06-06-05, 02:52 PM   #99
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe

Ed. the pace of the rideout is the pace that you want to ride it. That is what the marker system is for. You have as much right to go on the ride as anyone else, and I hope that you were not thinking too much about holding anyone up. Remember, someone will ALWAYS be the slowest rider, this time it was you. So what.
Yeh usualy its me Sy3. I actually tried to drop back from the front 3rd of the pack as it seemed really slow up ther and i know from experience being at the back means going fast most of the time. Strange but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
I think the person that probably had the most ardeous task on the day was Leigh. I'm sure that he would have loved to have been in the pack having fun. Well done m8 good job done.
yeh i'll 2nd that Baldyman. As that funny little man off Scrapheap challenge used to say "proper job" mate, "proper job"
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 06-06-05, 02:55 PM   #100
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
You new to this camping arnt you, I can tell!. Get an orange coloured thermarest, short length is fine. I couldnt cope with a foam mat, used an inflatable mattress then took a chance on a thermarest when I started camping on the bike. Excellent.
Yes I admit to being new to it, so okay I'll check out the thermavest but they seem mighty pricey compared to my tent which at £14.99 I just managed to get past Mrs jonboy's budget.

If anyone's interested, these blow-up-doll-mattress roll-up thingies are here:

http://www.thermarest.com/product_de...x?pID=42&cID=1
I paid £10 for my self inflating mat from Decathlon in Surrey quays. They aint as small as the thermarest ones, but just as good