SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-08-14, 10:34 PM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sealskinz socks

i have army issue goretex ones, simply superb. you wear socks then stick the 'boot liners' on then put feet into boots. your feet stay nice and dry as they also wick the sweat way. they are also very thin so stow away easy. they also dry very very quickly, when they start to get 'damp' just give them a wash and stick them in the tumble drier and they are as good as new. i would not be without mine.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 12:09 AM   #12
davepreston

as Bib says they are military essential kit, proper life changing stuff, anyone who's had to do a few months tabbing in the damp will attest to the necessity of a good set of seal skins
worth 10x their weight in gold
Old 25-08-14, 12:42 AM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

i dont have sealskins i have goretex boot liners, the green ones. i looked at getting the sealskins but the liners made much more sense. when i'm away on jollys i can put fresh socks on every day and just air the liners at night. the sealskins are socks and take a while to dry out and if like me have sweaty feet you have to wash/dry them each night. i thought that the goretex liners would get a bit wiffy but they dont which is strange.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 07:58 AM   #14
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

The trouble with anything army surplus shop is they don't tend to make it in my size. I did once manage to get some steel toe cap boots for gigs in a size 4 and still needed insoles and several pairs of socks to make them fit. My waterproof poncho is hilarious, I look like a camo jellyfish but it's great for festivals.