SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-10-08, 07:40 AM   #1
krhall

Default Cool Present Ideas - 4 Year Old?

I'm under fire for not doing enough for the kids brithdays, it is true I sort of leave it to my wife as she loves shopping and gets a real kick out of it. I do loads with the kids, but shopping (unless for bike stuff) doesn't do it for me.

So I am now tasked with finding a really good present for my 4 year old sons birthday, I have quite a few ideas but am just seeing if the org has any better ones.

I'm not into point scoring, but if it kicks the **** of the ones she bought then all the better.

Cheers,
Kev
Old 24-10-08, 07:51 AM   #2
startrek.steve

Default Re: Cool Present Ideas - 4 Year Old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
I'm under fire for not doing enough for the kids brithdays, it is true I sort of leave it to my wife as she loves shopping and gets a real kick out of it. I do loads with the kids, but shopping (unless for bike stuff) doesn't do it for me.

So I am now tasked with finding a really good present for my 4 year old sons birthday, I have quite a few ideas but am just seeing if the org has any better ones.

I'm not into point scoring, but if it kicks the **** of the ones she bought then all the better.

Cheers,
Kev
how about some of those wooden toys from Early Learning? my four year old loves em, Brio wooden train sets are brill, I play with harrys, they can make their own tracks, another good thing is a play rug with roads on, they drive their cars all over it, try your local carpet shop, or Toys r us.
NOTHING! repeat NOTHING that needs batteries!! (or makes noises!)

Steve
Old 24-10-08, 07:57 AM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

an sv

duh
Old 24-10-08, 08:01 AM   #4
DMC

How about a Kiddi Moto:

http://www.kiddimoto.co.uk/itemlist....las/Superbikes

Recommended for ages 1-5. Got one for my nephew last year & he's never off it
Old 24-10-08, 08:05 AM   #5
krhall

Oops forgot to say no bikes.........banned until Xmas........due to a recent bit of bad behaviour. Until that point a new big boys bike was the present as his Kawasaki is a bit too small now the stabilisers are off.
Old 24-10-08, 08:05 AM   #6
Grinch

Anything related to Thomas the Tank engine always goes down well.

Though we have got PJ a mini moto for xmas, and he's only 3 and a half. But he did say he wanted a motorbike.
Old 24-10-08, 08:13 AM   #7
krhall

A mini-moto my missus would go mental.........I'd love it!
Old 24-10-08, 08:27 AM   #8
Grinch

Well in our case it helps that Jax is a biker too, PJ spent 6 months in her belly propt behind the tank of a Monster.
Old 24-10-08, 08:46 AM   #9
Baph

It's my 4 year old son's birthday at the end of next month.

He's getting the typical stuff really, lego (which he's into in a huge way at the moment - loves building), he's recently had a new scooter as an early present (the mrs is a sucker when he asks for stuff). He's also getting a miniature radio controller 'copter - one of those 'virtually indestructible' ones - which will last all of about 5mins, so good job they're cheap. But he'll get to rebuild it with me when it breaks.

Not sure, but his old quad (electric variety) is a little past it's best, so might replace that.

He's also into animals, and has seen a SpungeBob Squarepants aquarium (luckily it's cheap), so the mrs wants to get that for him & a couple of fish. I've said she can, so long as she can work out where we can put it safely.

Then obviously there's the party to pay for, so it's just whatever anyone else gets him.
Old 24-10-08, 08:56 AM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Can't remember what my son got for his 4th. Its his 7th on Sunday, but what do you get a kid thats got everything. He doesn't have quads or anything spectacular but I ain't got any space.

His rooms is full to the rafters and I have to slyly get rid of stuff each year for everything people buy him for birthday and xmas. Last xmas he got 4 megablok pirate ships, loads of islands, and all the lego type stuff that goes with em, trying to get round that lot with a hoover is a nightmare

Ben 10 stuff is in at the mo, Dylan got the omnitrix watch last year, so now hes an alien when he wears that.

Hes off to the local play gym thing today..loads of slides, cargo nets, ball pools, swlings and stuff for him and his mates to do, while i pull my hair out hearing screeching kids. Maybe Sunday we'll take him up to the steam railway for the day, he loves going on the train up there

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote