SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

View Poll Results: Which Day
Saturday 11th October 5 22.73%
Sunday 12th October 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-09-08, 03:24 PM   #21

Default Re: Roll Up Roll up end of year Catherine Wheel Rideout... Vote the day... 11th or 12th October 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazymanc View Post
Haven't really been keeping tabs on this sub-forum, should have done really.

I'm in Prestwich (J17) but I can come down to J10 if that's the meet-up point.

Is it purely .org members or are friends welcome as well?
Naturally Others are welcome, but on a personal note its one of those things that its better if they have the same general mentality as the rest of the org... I.e not riding like a knob / drawing attention to us, being curteous and polite in general... dont get me wrong, were not trying to be a super race of bikers but we aim for it to be a pleasurable ride for all rather than let a few spoil it for the majority..

My mate is coming on his gsxr 1100...
Old 22-09-08, 03:57 PM   #22
Dave The Rave

Default Re: Roll Up Roll up end of year Catherine Wheel Rideout... Vote the day... 11th or 12th October 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazymanc View Post
Haven't really been keeping tabs on this sub-forum, should have done really.

I'm in Prestwich (J17) but I can come down to J10 if that's the meet-up point.

Is it purely .org members or are friends welcome as well?
Well, we only meet there as I am very lazy. It is only 5 minutes from my house.

No point dragging you all the way to J10 to go back up again. I think I met some of the guys from north Mcr at J2 M66. Going up you turn left and keep going on that road until you reach a pub on your left (1/2 mile or so) and I do not remember the name of it. (Simonb may know it. He will be here soon to correct me). I think there is a McD as well as you ride towards the pub.

But we can confirm meeting place nearer the time. Knowing my luck it will be snow and blizzards anyway

Oh, and friends are welcome I am sure. See the response above.
Old 22-09-08, 04:00 PM   #23
lazymanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
Naturally Others are welcome, but on a personal note its one of those things that its better if they have the same general mentality as the rest of the org... I.e not riding like a knob / drawing attention to us, being curteous and polite in general... dont get me wrong, were not trying to be a super race of bikers but we aim for it to be a pleasurable ride for all rather than let a few spoil it for the majority..

My mate is coming on his gsxr 1100...
Ok cool, well I'm a newbie (passed in June) so I certainly won't be riding like an ar$e. My mate has been riding a couple of years but he's a composed chap and isn't a fan of nutters on bikes either.
lazymanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-08, 09:22 AM   #24
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

i voted sunday because everyone else did

only stipulation is that the weather is good for most of the day & that the missus doesn't have a last minute "sunday dinner at the rents" announcement. I'm there

oh and yeah - no nobs (always makes for a better day out)

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-08, 09:30 AM   #25
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Rave View Post
No point dragging you all the way to J10 to go back up again. I think I met some of the guys from north Mcr at J2 M66. Going up you turn left and keep going on that road until you reach a pub on your left (1/2 mile or so) and I do not remember the name of it. (Simonb may know it. He will be here soon to correct me). I think there is a McD as well as you ride towards the pub.
It used to be called the Paper Mill, but it changed and confused me last time I met Dave there. From memory, turn left down Pilsworth road at Jn2, go through the roundabout at the supermarket and then the nameless pub is on the right just down the hill.

Last edited by simesb; 23-09-08 at 09:33 AM. Reason: can't tell left from right
Old 23-09-08, 09:32 AM   #26
simesb

Should have said, I'm up for either day weather permitting (and as I'm not working at the mo I told the GF I'd get my riding in during the week while she's at work - If she tasks me with a job on the selected day I shall have to kowtow and cry-off.)
Old 23-09-08, 10:29 AM   #27
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
well have none of that this time...... I can drink t at home.. I came to north yorks to ride a bike..

you fancy being the "leader" then Cap'n?

I dont mind leading it, but at this stage i wouldnt like to commit, as i might not even be there, ive voted for sunday cos saturdays are out for the nxt cpl of months, but it depends what weve got on,

but all things being equal ill be there and ill lead for some of it, its a pretty straight forward route, somewhere in the old posts theres some pretty detailed google map routes, ill try and fish them out

no one gets left behind, if anyone wnats to be a bit more "spirited" they can go off we wait for everyone at meet points, so even newbies should feel comfortable, and anyway i dont like to ride fast

but as already said, nob heads will be given short shrift, but fortunately for the org, its very rare we get and out and out tools.

if im on my own ill be on the Touno, if missus Nemo tags ill be on the ZRX............

ill know more next week when i get my date sheet through for october
Old 23-09-08, 11:02 AM   #28
MCN_LiamM

If it's Sunday then I should be able to do it. Providing I'm able to get back home to Barnsley before 12?
Old 23-09-08, 11:12 AM   #29
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCN_LiamM View Post
If it's Sunday then I should be able to do it. Providing I'm able to get back home to Barnsley before 12?
might be a bit of a tall order matey! i went on my first big rideout in january, we all met at 12pm lunchtime and went for a ride - didn't get home till 5pm. Just thought I'd better warn you they can be quite long rides with regular breaks for toilet/fuel/smokes etc.

If you could make it for the full day, I guarantee you'll have a good laugh and meet some properly sound people from here. If you don't have a good day and we're all idiots, you can call me a mong

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-08, 11:22 AM   #30
MCN_LiamM

I'll try and find out what time I'm working and I'll let you know.