SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-09-19, 06:49 AM   #101
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: First world problems and bike dilemas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I now have two bikes! And I can't move in the garage.

obviously then, the problem is that your garage is too small so now you need to move a bigger house with a larger garage.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 07:25 AM   #102
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
obviously then, the problem is that your garage is too small so now you need to move a bigger house with a larger garage.
Maybe even a double garage Adam. You'd have room for another couple of bikes as well then!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 09:50 PM   #103
Talking Heads

Quote:
I blame whoever it was on this thread joking that I needed two bikes. I now have two bikes! And I can't move in the garage.
It wasn't a joke, but I didn't suggest buying an old scrapper.
What condition is the frame in, any cracks.....?
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 10:04 PM   #104
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
It wasn't a joke, but I didn't suggest buying an old scrapper.
What condition is the frame in, any cracks.....?

It's not exactly an old scrapper. It all seems a lot better than I was expecting. I haven't found anything wrong with it apart from the scuffs and scrapes and the very small ding in the tank. The seller managed to make it look a loss worse than it actually is in the photos he sent me. The layers of caked on dirt didn't do it any favours either. Looks much better from just giving it a good clean.

New fluids and filters ordered so it will all be refreshed over the weekend hopefully.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 11:02 AM   #105
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: First world problems and bike dilemmas

How do you find the linked brake system Adam? Or haven't you noticed

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-19, 12:21 PM   #106
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I can't say I can notice it that much. It just feels like the breaks are good. Nice progressive feel on the front. Plenty of modulation and grab when you want it too. I tend to favour the front most of the time anyway.

Trip up the motorway for a few miles this morning. The bike really comes into it's own at 70mph. I blipped the throttle at one point and ended up doing a speed I didn't intend to and didn't even notice I was for a few seconds. Back home via some backroads and although it needs more pushing into the corners, it feels plenty capable too.
Old 19-09-19, 04:20 PM   #107
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
I can't say I can notice it that much. It just feels like the breaks are good. Nice progressive feel on the front. Plenty of modulation and grab when you want it too. I tend to favour the front most of the time anyway.

Trip up the motorway for a few miles this morning. The bike really comes into it's own at 70mph. I blipped the throttle at one point and ended up doing a speed I didn't intend to and didn't even notice I was for a few seconds. Back home via some backroads and although it needs more pushing into the corners, it feels plenty capable too.
I think the brakes are subtle too. And like you I tend to favour the front.
The effort to turn the bike may be a worn front tyre on the other hand it's a heavy bike compared to an SV and it may be just a case of adapting.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-19, 04:28 PM   #108
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Front tyre is quite worn. I'm trying to make it last though. I've got a replacement rear as the one on there is worn and plugged too, so need to swap it out asap. I wasn't intending on putting money into this bike any time soon apart from filters and fluids, but I've been keen to ride it so need the tyres need to be up to scratch. Tempted to just get the front swapped out too and see if it lightens it at all. I've also made zero adjustments to the suspension, so maybe adding a bit of preload on the back could make it tip in a bit quicker. Having said that it does tip into corners quite willingly with the right amount of countersteering.