SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-05-05, 08:03 PM   #1
Xenolith

Default A bunch of questions

Hi,
I am newish to the forums and have just got (well i get it on Friday) a 2nd hand SK1 (blue).
It is completely standard and I am keen to do a few things and would like some advice on what to go for and/or where to get them from.

1) I am going to buy an exhaust and think I have settled on a Scorpion round stainless, where would people recommmend getting these from.
2) I am going to get a tail tidy, hamicad? other? buy from?
3) I would like one of those undertray things that goes underneath the rear seat that is painted the same colour as the bodywork, dont know the name or where to buy.
4) I would like a hugger, preferably a colour match, are the suzuki genuine ones worth buying? Else, where to buy?
5) Mini indicators, yes/no, how much where from?

Thanks in advance for help

Matt
Old 09-05-05, 08:06 PM   #2
BURNER

What model ya got?
Old 09-05-05, 08:14 PM   #3
philc2000

You can get the hamicad thing from here:

http://www.hamicad.co.uk/

If you're going to get 3 (undertray) make sure you get 4 (hugger) first, otherwise it'll end up covered in cack and scratches.
Old 09-05-05, 08:15 PM   #4
kwak zzr

scorpion from seastarsuperbikes. check it out!
welcome aboard xenolith!
daz(midlands)
Old 09-05-05, 08:16 PM   #5
Iansv

you won't need a tail tidy if you are getting an undertray btw....
Old 09-05-05, 08:24 PM   #6
Xenolith

Cool,
Thanks.
In addition, due to speedy responses, does anyone have any recommendations for security stuff.

I was thinking of:
1) a ground anchor for the garage
2) an ABUS granite stylee disk lock
3) a big chain to go with the abus granite thing, or a separate big lock and chain.
Old 09-05-05, 08:26 PM   #7
Xenolith

Also, sorry for badgering,

Any reccomendations for undertrays, now I know they are called that?
Old 10-05-05, 08:47 AM   #8
Iansv

The official suzuki undertray avail from your dealer is perfect fit and perfect colour match.... and cheaper than most of the aftermarket ones....

or the Roca undertrays from www.banditmania.co.uk with built in indicators are my faves, I have a suzuki oem one....

check out the sections at the bottom of the forum, lots of pics and info on your options
Old 10-05-05, 09:10 AM   #9
GC-SV

Try this number also for your Scorpion 01652 688111 (Diamond Motorsport) I found them to be the cheapest.

Suzuki items are a bit more expensive than the others but well worth it IMO. If not Suzuli I would opt for Ermax.

Hamicad are definately the way to go for the Tail tidy although I don't know what way these work along with an Undertray.
i.e.
Original undertray + Hamicad Fender eliminator
or
Undertray + No. plate bracket. Not sure.

The rest of the items - don't know.

As for security, I just purchased a Xena 1.5m Alarmed lock and chain from Busters for £80 (1/2 price apparently??) its Sold Secure Gold and doubles as an alarmed Disc lock as well.
Check out their website.

Oh, and welcome to the site.
You'll find it a wealth of knowledge and banter.
Old 10-05-05, 09:23 AM   #10
thor

For the indicators, get them if you are likely to smash them by dropping. The OEM ones are like £25 each and butt ugly IMHO. They are easy to fit but you will have to cut the connectors off the old ones and fit connectors for the Motrax ones. I think you can buy ready made adaptors but it's far cheaper buy them from maplins or a dealer and fit them yourself. If you have ever soldered a wire then you'll be fine. Also, if you get motrax ones then you will also need a set of indy spacers for the front to mount them onto the fairing (for the S version at least, I don't know about the naked's). If you get the tail tidy, then you won't need the spacers for the rear.

Also, if you get the tail tidy you may also need to do the same cutting/connecting as the indicators for the rear tail light. I got the R&G tail tidy (original undertray) and the lamp wire had no connectors on it.

My final top tip with any DIY job is to do one bit at a time. That way you won't have wait for weeks with the bike in bits whilst you wait for little part to arrive in the post etc. I know all this sounds complicated but really it's easy.