SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-09-11, 06:52 PM   #61
Von Teese

Default Re: What yould YOU do?

Flying home tomorrow, really don't want to!!!
Had such a lovely time at the Game Reserve this weekend, we really deserved it and it was just PERFECT!!!!

Keep an eye out for party notifications, heard the weather is grim there though..so will have to be inside. It was 34 degrees today and so lovely, check out my pics on facebook x
Old 11-09-11, 06:54 PM   #62
Richy_T

I moved away from the UK about 11 years ago. There's a few things I miss but every time we go back to visit, the conclusion is that we'll never go back permanently. If you're originally from SA, it's likely that the UK doesn't have as many connections for you anyway.

Remember, there's always vacations if you do get to missing something about it.

Edit: One thing I would add is that being a long-distance landlord sucks ass and you may want to look at liquidating those properties sooner rather than later if you make the decision to settle.

Edit2: The people saying to hold off on the decision in this time of grief are right (though you seem to have a good handle on that). It's a time when our brain works a little differently from normal.

Last edited by Richy_T; 11-09-11 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-09-11, 09:27 AM   #63
kitkat

hope your journey home is uneventful. weather is mince today but not cold. safe journey
Old 12-09-11, 10:21 AM   #64
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

He he he...have a good trip back gorgeous. X
Old 16-09-11, 05:14 AM   #65
Von Teese

Thanks KK and GG, back now and weather is COLD!!!
Me no likey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_T View Post
I moved away from the UK about 11 years ago.
Did you go somewhere nice?
I agree with your comments about long distance landlording as I had problems in the past when I was only 100 miles away, the Soho Massive lot will tell you all about that...eek can you lot remember the 'house from hell!!' anyway, having a big think about it all and going to try and be sensible when deciding.

Last edited by Von Teese; 16-09-11 at 05:17 AM.