SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 20-08-07, 06:01 PM   #11
Dan

Default Re: Croft -20th Aug (booked)

Well we (myself and MrsWRC63) had a good afternoon watching Tim and the other lucky so-and-sos on the track today... Weather stayed dry, although a little chilly, and we got some half-decent photos, which I shall try and upload within the next 24 hours or so.

Hopefully got some reasonable video as well with Tim's camcorder, although not necessarily much!

Was good to see you again Tim, enjoy your takeaway
Old 20-08-07, 06:12 PM   #12
Tim in Belgium

Yep,

Had another fun trackday, met a nice guy called Ian on a very tidy Honda RVF400 in the morning, then had Mr & soon to be Mrs WRC63 to keep me company at lunch, watching people drop in by helicopter ('tis posh this far north), take photos & video, make me tea, put my rubbish in the bin before it blew away and generally help me out (thanks again, nice to see a friendly face or two).

Had a good day, soon got in the groove, the circuit is very nice and flowing, the section after tower bend all the way to the hairpin was great. Again the SV held it's head up high, keeping up with a fair few of the bigger bikes, the only real issue being the lack of power on the start/finish straight. Only had one session red flagged about 2/3 rds of the way through. Again the novice group was a real mixed bag. There were a lot of road bikes out there (a good 15 ridden to the circuit which was nice) but also some dedicated track bikes, but in general it all went pretty well and most of the moves were courteous/safe. Both knee sliders were rescuffed too, which was nice.

Rode the twenty minutes home safely, with a light drizzle just starting as I pulled into the garage.

Top Day.

Some video taken by the WRCs may follow shortly, or in a day or two depending when I crash out!
Old 20-08-07, 08:59 PM   #13
Tim in Belgium

I've celebrated with tea and golden syrup cake, the video is here thanks to WRC63 for filming:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...96#post1266796