SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 27-07-07, 11:42 AM   #1
weazelz

Default Mallory Park - Sat 28 July - Feisty Girls trackday

still a few places left in the ladies-only novice group if anyone fancies it:

http://www.focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=380

I am going up tonight with a friend (of the female variety) & camping. maybe camp saturday night as well as there's a party after the trackday. more details of the event here:

http://www.bikegirl.co.uk/snippets/e...N=1&FID=4&PR=3

even the weather looks like it might be kind:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2469
Old 27-07-07, 01:42 PM   #2
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Re: Mallory Park - Sat 28 July - Feisty Girls trackday

Just got some new tyres and the weather is looking good, so I'll see you tomorrow!

Sweeeeeeet!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-07, 07:38 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

And??? tell all!!
Old 28-07-07, 07:46 PM   #4
weazelz

good day today - got really lucky with the weather, was dry all day & sunny for most of it too. I ended up in the inter/fast goup - they were running a girls-only novice group, a novice/inter & an inter/fast - turned out to be the right choice really, nice not to get held up all over the place. best lap 1:05.5 without going too nuts - down from 1:08 last visit

borrowed my friend's '04 cbr6f for the last session - dropped down into novice/inter as I didn't really want to push it & do anything stupid the bike, sepecially as she had to ride it home. quite fun these il4-600's, aren't they? the extra power is nice, obviously, but having a quicker-steering/turning bike was a real pleasure. don't come near me with your for-sale r6 please lukemillar
Old 29-07-07, 09:44 AM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
good day today - got really lucky with the weather, was dry all day & sunny for most of it too. I ended up in the inter/fast goup - they were running a girls-only novice group, a novice/inter & an inter/fast - turned out to be the right choice really, nice not to get held up all over the place. best lap 1:05.5 without going too nuts - down from 1:08 last visit

borrowed my friend's '04 cbr6f for the last session - dropped down into novice/inter as I didn't really want to push it & do anything stupid the bike, sepecially as she had to ride it home. quite fun these il4-600's, aren't they? the extra power is nice, obviously, but having a quicker-steering/turning bike was a real pleasure. don't come near me with your for-sale r6 please lukemillar
Yeah yeah yeah ... But what was the Feisty Fiesta like?!!?
Old 29-07-07, 09:48 AM   #6
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Yep - perfect weather! Started off in inters, which was fine for the first session as I was scrubbing in new tyres, but the second session sucked big time! Getting held up a lot + thanks to a guy on an R1 with a 'I don't care how I pass, as long as I do' attitude, I decided to trade up to play with the big boys. Glad I decided to do this sooner rather than later because tha pace was way better matched and riders were much more predictable. Improved my times ~2 secs a lap from the last time I was at Mallory (6 weeks now I think) with a best timed lap of a 1:03.2.

New rubber definitely helped - Got a set of Dunlop Qualifier RRs fitted the day before and these were awesome.

Had a great day and finished on a high as my bike is now for sale and I don't know when I'll get onto a racetrack again

Posted some pics here:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=94218
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-07, 10:18 AM   #7
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Yeah yeah yeah ... But what was the Feisty Fiesta like?!!?
feisty & fiestary

not sure really - we didn't stick around for the evening do. the day had a nice relaxed vibe to it - quite a lot of girls & pink bikes around & a few extra things going on compared to a regular trackday - stunt show in the start-finish straight at lunchtime for instance

remarkably few flags/incidents & a pleasant lack of dodgy close passing. was nice to get out & ride in a fast group to get my confidence back after my crap performance at Cadwell
Old 29-07-07, 02:56 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
feisty & fiestary

not sure really - we didn't stick around for the evening do. the day had a nice relaxed vibe to it - quite a lot of girls & pink bikes around & a few extra things going on compared to a regular trackday - stunt show in the start-finish straight at lunchtime for instance

remarkably few flags/incidents & a pleasant lack of dodgy close passing. was nice to get out & ride in a fast group to get my confidence back after my crap performance at Cadwell
Shame, I should imagine the Feisty party would have been a giggle.

We need to get out again sometime soon
Old 03-08-07, 04:20 PM   #9
monkey

Reckon I need to get my gazza tits on and have a shave before the next one. Is there a girls only changing room us "girls" can all share?!