SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-07-10, 02:16 PM   #3531
stewie

Default Re: The running thread!

Just been looking at the group, who's ?
Doolin
Moffat666
Lazylady
and Madjohn ?
Old 15-07-10, 02:23 PM   #3532
Stig

No idea.
Old 15-07-10, 02:35 PM   #3533
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
How do you find it on the treadmill? I get pretty bored and haven't been on one for quite a while.
I get bored incredibly easy, if I get the right selection of music on my ipod I'm fine though.

Luckily the treadmills at the gym I go to have big ass TV's built into them so I can watch Dave or some other similarily interesting channel. If topgear or real A&E is on for an hour I can quite easily stick on the treadmill for the full hour and do 8km or 9km.
Old 15-07-10, 05:59 PM   #3534
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I use this http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm but dont follow it religously, if it says do 3 miles and I feel fine at the 3 Ill just carry on, mostly I just listen to my body and do what it says, I dont usually do less though just tailor my speed, my theory is thay any exercise is better than no excercise , I get a load of info off fetch as well, you on fetch ?
Yes indeed any exercise is better than no exercise. It is good if you know the roads and can carry on past the mileage you have set yourself when you feel fine. No not on Fetch but will take a look thank you Stewie.
Old 15-07-10, 06:01 PM   #3535
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I get bored incredibly easy, if I get the right selection of music on my ipod I'm fine though.

Luckily the treadmills at the gym I go to have big ass TV's built into them so I can watch Dave or some other similarily interesting channel. If topgear or real A&E is on for an hour I can quite easily stick on the treadmill for the full hour and do 8km or 9km.
I know quite a lot of people can run with Ipods and tv's on, I find it really puts me off. If I run to music I have to have a beat that suits my pace. If it speeds up or slows down I tend to do the same.

Good going staying on the treadmill for an hour though G
Old 15-07-10, 06:03 PM   #3536
stewie

Here you go
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/
Old 16-07-10, 09:04 AM   #3537
Foxy

I really had to force myself to get out of the house to go for a run this morning. I could so easily have not gone, even when dressed and at the door. However I am pleased I did
Old 16-07-10, 09:17 AM   #3538
Stig

And you looked like you were enjoying yourself as I drove past.
Old 16-07-10, 09:22 AM   #3539
stewie

Good one Foxy, Im having a rest today, ran 4 times this week already, got a short 3 miler for the morning when I finish work and a 6 miler for sun morning, thing is Ill be in work til possibly 02.30 am on sun morning so Ill go out and do it then, nice and quiet

Last edited by stewie; 16-07-10 at 09:23 AM. Reason: typo,s
Old 16-07-10, 09:38 AM   #3540
Foxy

Stewie, yes it is good to have rest days. However, on your rest days, are you good and keep them as rest days or do you occasionally get the urge to go out there. I cannot imagine running at 02:30!!! You must be crazy and yes it will certainly be quiet .