SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-07-10, 07:59 AM   #1
Viney
Mega Poster

Default One Giant leap...

So then on this iday in 1969...Neil Armstrong became the 1st person to walk on the moon somewhere in California if you are to believe the conspiracy.

It begs the qestion as to why its never been done again, and if it has, why not televised?
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 08:06 AM   #2
sinbad

Default Re: One Giant leap...

Never since, apart from of course, Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17?

I find this particular conspiracy theory very depressing.

I suppose the reason why they haven't returned since the Apollo program ended, would be largely to do with money, and them not being able to find anything they didn't find in the first 6 trips.
Old 21-07-10, 08:07 AM   #3
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

It was a pointless and expensive exercise designed only to show the Russians that the Americans were dominant in space. Once the yanks had been a few times and the Russians and Americans joined forces funding from the Government dried up.

The americans landed 6 times and as far as I was aware they were all televised, just nobody was interested anymore. Another reason why funds were pulled.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 08:10 AM   #4
keithd

i believe there's plans to go back...?

Old 21-07-10, 08:12 AM   #5
Quedos

more importantly - my brother was hellish ill and threw up just a my mum was watching the momentous moment so she missed it!! ( hehehehe)
Old 21-07-10, 08:42 AM   #6
mcgrimes

As fascinating as the moon is, there just seems to be lack of both public interest and funding to go back.

I dont believe its a conspiracy; regardless of the evidence presented, theres always theories about everything.
Old 21-07-10, 08:50 AM   #7
Viney
Mega Poster

OK ok, other than all the other times they went....

Why haven't we built on the moon?

Keith, i love the hovering jeep
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 08:54 AM   #8
mcgrimes

I think that'd be covered by the lack of funds; just think about how much it costs to support some guy living in orbit in a small metal corridor floating around in space. Have you seen the costs involved when a toilet stops working?
Old 21-07-10, 09:10 AM   #9
PsychoCannon

I know! plumbers are a rip off aren't they!
Old 21-07-10, 09:26 AM   #10
keith_d
Mega Poster

Unfortunately, the moon is just a big dead ball of rock. No green cheese, no alien monoliths, just dull, dull, dull.

As far as a permanent base up there goes it would be horrifyingly expensive because everything would need to be shipped from Earth, even air! I suspect that the only country that could afford it at the moment is China, and I think they're much more concerned with keeping order at home.

Keith.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote