SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-07-17, 10:28 PM   #51
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Clutch advice

bikes are only as good as their owners. neglect them and they break, no matter what the badge.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 07:51 AM   #52
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
bikes are only as good as their owners. neglect them and they break, no matter what the badge.
I'd like to see you try and break a VFR750 from 90-97. Ain't happenin'
Old 03-07-17, 08:26 AM   #53
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Maybe, but some will take a lot more neglect than others and still carry on - all bikes are not equal in the TLC department - and paying a lot of money is no guarantee of reliability (same with cars, the more expensive ones tend to be least reliable and need more TLC - at a cost) - in fact it is just a warning that quite a lot more money will be required in the future.

Regarding RR on Honda, all my brothers have fitted 12v computer fans to theirs and seem OK now, but as 650 says RR's are a bought-in part for bike manufacturers and if the odd one fails you can't really blame bike maker.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 03-07-17 at 02:47 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 02:29 PM   #54
NedSVS

With regard to the pull force at the clutch lever, are 2nd gen pointy clutches any easier than curvy clutches? I note that the spring part number and length in the service manuals have changed.
NedSVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 04:02 PM   #55
shaktiglo

While I have way less knowledge then the guys on here.....may I suggest checking out "Righteous Stunt Metal". I also have arthritis and their RSC stunt clutch lever is what I use. The lever is shorter in length then a standard lever and is also adjustable. However if gripping and pulling in the lever regardless of ease due to pain this may not be your solution. I look forward to hearing what you go with and how it works out.

Have a great day!
Glo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-17, 04:12 PM   #56
Bibio
Mega Poster

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
Archimedes
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 04:16 PM   #57
shaktiglo

Another thing that I would like to suggest is a book called "Clean" by Alejandro Junger. I found adjusting my diet helps my arthritis by keeping swelling down in the joints, thus improving pain. I have found the use of CBD oils to be helpful in reduction of swelling and pain.

May your pain ease and may you ride many miles!
Have a great day!
Glo

Old 03-07-17, 06:27 PM   #58
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktiglo View Post
While I have way less knowledge then the guys on here.....may I suggest checking out "Righteous Stunt Metal". I also have arthritis and their RSC stunt clutch lever is what I use. The lever is shorter in length then a standard lever and is also adjustable. However if gripping and pulling in the lever regardless of ease due to pain this may not be your solution. I look forward to hearing what you go with and how it works out.

Have a great day!
Glo

This is very interesting, thank you for the suggestion. I shall make enquiries.

http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/i...al/levers.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.

Last edited by Jayneflakes; 03-07-17 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Link
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote