SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-04-09, 08:33 PM   #1
Ruthja2801

Default Ready to roll!

Hey guys, me agina, as most of you know was having trouble with lowering the sv enough for old short **** me!

Wel just to let you know i have the dogbones fitted and have good clearance everywhere, so took her for a blast round the corner, didn't dare go to far as the side stand wasn't fitted!!!

And the result..... i think i may be ok!

I managed ok... the only couple of wobbles i had were when i used the front brake, right to a stop and its very abrupt! So lesson is to use the front progressively and the back to bring me to a stop!

I went out round the block and my mirror kept flopping down so had to ride back round home, realised when i got there i couldn't go in the garage to get a spanner coz there was no stand, so i managaed to hold the bike up on one foot, whilst using my mobile ( i was stainary) to call me dad to come out and help, as i couldn't take both hand of the bars!

So i think i did pretty well!

I was suprised at how responsive the throttle was even though it restricted! Went over a bump and ended up accleratering, i was jerking all the way down the road and got some funny looks!

But the main thing is now i can put me feet down thanks the foot peg raisers, no more bruised legs!

Jobs a good en!
Old 03-04-09, 08:43 PM   #2
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ready to roll!

without a sidestand you gave yourself opportunity to do something that you didn't fancy doing,
I'm pretty sure that the pointy throttle response is a little more sensitive than the curvy, could be wrong! wouldn't worry about it, I manage to accelerate by accident at times..oooopss!

which dogbones in the end BTW?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 08:47 PM   #3
Ruthja2801

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post

which dogbones in the end BTW?
I had some made that were slightly lower than the higher ones if you get me! lol!

Perfect as it can get, obviously would prefer more foot on the floor, but that just isn't do-able not if don't want my rear tyre shredding and the exhaust catching the floor and chucking me off!
Old 03-04-09, 08:47 PM   #4
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthja2801 View Post
I was suprised at how responsive the throttle was even though it restricted! Went over a bump and ended up accleratering, i was jerking all the way down the road and got some funny looks!
Check throttle cable adjustment & search on here for TPS mod/adjustment.

That'll sort your jerks out no problem.
Old 03-04-09, 08:55 PM   #5
Ruthja2801

Nice one thanks, I;ll have a look!
Old 03-04-09, 08:56 PM   #6
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthja2801 View Post
I had some made that were slightly lower than the higher ones if you get me! lol!

Perfect as it can get, obviously would prefer more foot on the floor, but that just isn't do-able not if don't want my rear tyre shredding and the exhaust catching the floor and chucking me off!
much better than scraping your downpipes and making them all dirty and scuffed!, you will get used to it. Just nerves and time away from a bike now then?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 09:04 PM   #7
Ruthja2801

Sure is!

I have also realised for now, I'm just best to stop at all junctions and get used to how i do it! Rather than trying to assess the road on approach and then decide, if i have to stop it can all come to late and i'd panick! That will come eventually, besides the stopping is what i need practice in! lol
Old 03-04-09, 09:07 PM   #8
Ed

You were so down a few weeks back. I'm pleased you've found a solution. Great news!
Old 03-04-09, 09:08 PM   #9
Ruthja2801

Thank u! Your right i was, still not 100% confident, but thats just need practice!
Old 03-04-09, 09:09 PM   #10
Gene genie

hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallellllluuuujjjjaaahhhhhhhh.