SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-07-09, 12:33 PM   #1
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Thumbs down road rage

someone just tried to kill me

this morning i nipped out on bike to pick up some new pads, up to set of traffic lights with traffic backed up, naturally i filtered, got to the front, pulled up in front of this old person left loads of room and didnt cut him up or anything, as lights changed and i pulled away normally this old pr!ck undertook me and forced me onto the other side of the road, i started shouting at him to pi$$ off (read flipped my bin) and as we came up to the traffic island on the other side of the junction he turned into me and tried to force me into the traffic island, i obviously didn't move and this resulted in us colliding leaving about a foot long deep scratch and dent in the side of his car from my bar end and looks as though a bruise to my leg but no damage to the bike, i managed to hold the bike and in a sort of trapeze (sp?) act immediately booted in the side of his car door, i then wanged it in front of him to the next lights, blocked him and got off to go talk to him, his wife was taking my registration and he said he was reporting me for smashing his door, i went to the bloke behind him and he said he saw everything and said would back me up mean while the old bloke was trying to push my bike out the way, legged it back really pi$$ed off and i moved it, he then sped off, i chased him and told him to pull over he refused and sped off again, me and my witness pulled over to swap details ect

just about calmed down as i was fuming and a bit buzzy

been up the cop shop and got a statement thingy to fill in, done that but need to wait for mr girth as his arrival is imminent then i can go hand it back. So gary your 1st look at the wonderfull south is going to be the plod station

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-09, 12:34 PM   #2
Miss Alpinestarhero

Default Re: road rage

Bloody idiot (not you, the cage driver)
Old 29-07-09, 12:35 PM   #3
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Should have killed him so he couldn't flee the scene...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-09, 12:37 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

i was going to that's the only reason i stopped him but the faggot wouldn't get out his car. Left a massive dent and scratch in his door and i pushed it when where i booted it

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 29-07-09, 12:40 PM   #5
RichT

Bl**dy good thing you got a witness mate. Hang the old blokes a$$ out to dry - wonder how many bikers he's done that to before?
Old 29-07-09, 12:48 PM   #6
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

just had a closer look at the bike and can take off my bar end and give it to forensics if they want it lol, still got his paint and primmer on it, im glad i did some hefty damage to his car, I've only reported it as he said he was gone report me so i thought i'd get in there 1st

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 29-07-09, 12:49 PM   #7
RichT

Good man - take a photo or two of the damage to your bike and if poss the location - just in case.
Old 29-07-09, 12:50 PM   #8
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
as we came up to the traffic island on the other side of the junction he turned into me and tried to force me into the traffic island, i obviously didn't move and this resulted in us colliding

So why didn't you just back off and let the muppet go? What's the point in putting yourself and your bike in a position of danger? You could have come off a lot worse.
Old 29-07-09, 12:57 PM   #9
Holdup

Dangerous driving and leaving the scene of an accident hope he gets the book thrown at him and more!
Old 29-07-09, 12:59 PM   #10
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
So why didn't you just back off and let the muppet go? What's the point in putting yourself and your bike in a position of danger? You could have come off a lot worse.
I know it would have been safer for WB to do this but why should he? Why back down in front of a-holes like this when you've done nothing wrong?

The tree huggers would have us believe that setting a good example is the way to do it, shaming the idiot in the process. Hogwash! The idiot will just laugh to the person he's talking to on the phone, think you're a sucker, and having got away with it this time will do it again, expecting the next person to be a door mat too. Trouble is the next person may stand his ground, and possibly get very badly hurt.