SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 09-06-07, 04:20 PM   #1
valleyboy

Default Non- AR riders..

Right, this post is for those who aint going to the AR....

anyone got any plans for that weekend ? anyone fancy a trundle up to the Elan valley ? all weather dependant of course!
Old 09-06-07, 05:40 PM   #2
carlos

Default Re: Non- AR riders..

I'm at the AR but would have definately done this if I wasn't, I just absolutely love it out there, in fact I'd probably move house out that way if it wasn't for the family.

Have a good one and watch out for the ever increasing police presence.
Old 09-06-07, 05:57 PM   #3
redlavachips

wat day u thinkin and wat time??, aint goin ar07 cos joinin navy july 1st
Old 09-06-07, 06:16 PM   #4
Vickster

With camping or no?
Old 10-06-07, 07:55 AM   #5
maff

hmm could be interesting
Old 10-06-07, 08:22 AM   #6
valleyboy

date would be around 23rd/24th.... we could do some camping... as there was a possible campsite we scouted out last year around Llangorse near the lake that would be good to use... could make it a friday sat sunday thing if need be for those who wanted.... makes life easier for those who need to travel any distance...
Old 10-06-07, 08:35 AM   #7
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy View Post
date would be around 23rd/24th.... we could do some camping... as there was a possible campsite we scouted out last year around Llangorse near the lake that would be good to use... could make it a friday sat sunday thing if need be for those who wanted.... makes life easier for those who need to travel any distance...
Yup, Llangorse looked like a posibility last year. Can you get some more details VB?
Old 10-06-07, 11:23 AM   #8
valleyboy

My bike is staying stationary until the 18th.. so will do some research / phoning around through this week....
I may have difficulty with the camping side of things, as I have been playing around with my bike to see what I can fit on it..... the tank bag goes on, but I dont see the panniers fitting that easily on my bike... which makes putting a tent on the bike rather difficult.... will have to sort out how to do this, as dont finish work till 5pm, and the absolute earliest I can get back home is about 6.15... so some people may have to navigate to a point I can rondevous with them nearish to the campsite... burger van by storey arms would do

and on a side not, something else I planned from last year is progressing rather well... and dont require tents for that one....

right, Im in the mood for this.. a camping weekend it will be! lol
Old 10-06-07, 11:34 AM   #9
valleyboy

Bollix.. I got my weekends mixed up.... weekend of 30th June is the AR... and I want to go along to Ed's rideout to Aberystwyth on that weekend.... which he is also going along via Rhayader and the Elan valley....

so we can either do the camping, and meet up with Ed posssibly and do it that weekend... or go on an entirely different weekend.. i.e. 22,23,24th and do something simularish...

my route would go something along the lines of:
Start off at Llangorse... head along the A40 and take the road up to Talgarth (I know this is kinda back on ourselves a bit, but its a good road!) then head towards Builth on the A470... and go up towards Rhayader... head down the Elan valley making several stops for photos etc... rests, and fags for the smokers.. lol head back around and out of Elan valley, into Rhayader, back towards Builth, then take the road from Builth Wells towards Llandovery..... eat food, look at other peoples bikes, eat some more food... depending on time, we could detour on to the black mountains and stop at the top for photos.... then head back the way we came... or via a shortcut through some places I cant remember the name of, get back onto the A40... and head back towards Llangorse... and then set fire to some burgers... or drink in the pub... or both at the same time!
Old 10-06-07, 11:39 AM   #10
valleyboy

I think this is the plcae.. cant remember too many campsites around the lake...

http://www.lakeside-holidays.net/

looking at £5 - £6 ish per night per person, they have hot and cold water, showers etc....

after looking at google earth, this is the campsite in question.....

the place in question is very scenic, I think from memory there is a small pub on site as well, but its only a few minutes walk from the main village.... theres also a cafe near the campsite for those who dont want to cook their own food!

Last edited by valleyboy; 10-06-07 at 11:46 AM.