SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-08-05, 11:55 PM   #1
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default NO...... Bang !

Unfortuntely had a little 'off' this evening.

Going down a single cariage way which splits into a right turn 'filter' at the set of light ahead(approxinmate 300 feet) with traffic doing about 5-10 mph. Overtaking at about 15-20 and using about a third of the lane for oncoming traffic as the was nothing coming the other way.

I was about level with the drivers door of a car when he suddenly pulls out to overtake so he could get to the filter lane. The only othing was I was in the way .
Did not even have time to hit the horn , tried to swerve to the while shouting 'No...' but not to be my lucky day. Bang onto my left leg/left side of bike causing me to go completed go across the other lane and somehow mounting the kerb and ended up in the vegetation with the bike on top of me .

Got checked out by the ambulance and since it appeared nothing was broken and the pain seems to have gone down , I elected not to go to A+E. Got picked the RAC 2 3/4 hours after ringing them.

Injury is worse than I thought initially as I can hardly walk due to pain in ankle and knee so have to get that looked at. At the moment looks like I will be having a few days off work .

It's been a while since I had a proper one and had really got use to it although the flip side is your thresh hold for pain goes down as well (but I can live with that ).

Funny thing is I've just sold a set a gear change lever and bracket to someone over the weekend .
I think I've got another one somewhere. That not being the case I'll just get a replacement lever for my Robby Summat 'Rear sets'. Snapped that somehow when I fluffed a super fast gear change.

Bike does not look too bad but will be having a good look later.

Cheers
Ben

Silver SV went past me while waiting for the RAC. Anyone here ?
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-05, 12:01 AM   #2
WelshWop

Sorry to hear it. Glad your not seriously hurt. Hope you get the bike up and running soon.
And for gods sake, be careful
Old 31-08-05, 12:10 AM   #3
didge

argh ul mate scary isnt it when you cant control the situationi had a van backin to me ages ago and there was nothing i could do, and also dont you get 10 quid if the rac dont get to you within 30 mins or am i thinking or dominos pizza.. lol bad luck tho mate hope your leg gets better soon
Old 31-08-05, 12:16 AM   #4
Warren

what a rubbish thing to happen. did he hang around and give u his details ?
Old 31-08-05, 12:16 AM   #5
KrZ

sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon.
Old 31-08-05, 12:17 AM   #6
lynw

first off, I would go get checked out medically asap, make sure youre ok. If you hurt now, you could still not be feeling a bad injury due to the adrenalin still in your system.

but glad youre relatively ok and not injured worse.

secondly, did you get details? were police called?

if insurance job I think my letter may help.... Billy C, link please...
Old 31-08-05, 07:53 AM   #7
BillyC
Mega Poster

Absolutely get checked out medically... and then get a solicitor on to this guy for injuries and damages.

This wasn't just a casual filter, this guy pulled into a lane without proper observation and caused an accident... you were doing the manouvre he was about to do, he could have at least had the intelligence to wonder and look around to see if anyone had the same bright idea that he did.

Glad you're relatively okay, but you should've gone to A&E.
Old 31-08-05, 08:18 AM   #8
DeeJay

glad you didn't come off worse mate.. hope you get thingsa sorted... did the car driver stop to help??
Old 31-08-05, 08:52 AM   #9
jenni

Sorry to hear about your off, hope you (and the bike) are feeling better
Old 31-08-05, 09:07 AM   #10
BURNER

Sorry to hear about your SMIDSY mate.