SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 27-08-06, 08:42 PM   #1
Peter Henry

Default Not very interesting...it's Italian.

I wonder if Jelster will think I have kept it in reasonable order following his mention of the condition of the bike when I bought it early last year?

Been busy new zorst and seat/tail section. PPlus plenty of cussing and a bit of improvisation.

One of her cousins showed up today to say hello!

Had a little chat with this guy on his SV 1000 which had stubby yet oh so fruity sounding pipes on it.

One for Jelster to run his white glove over for inspection purposes!

Old 27-08-06, 09:48 PM   #2
amarko5

looking good peter

the relation visiting that is :P
Old 27-08-06, 10:05 PM   #3
tricky

Very nice, I thought you had a Termignoni on there anyway ?

Apologies if I've not been paying attention
Old 27-08-06, 11:25 PM   #4
Jelster

Default Re: Not very interesting...it's Italian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
I wonder if Jelster will think I have kept it in reasonable order following his mention of the condition of the bike when I bought it early last year?

Been busy new zorst and seat/tail section. PPlus plenty of cussing and a bit of improvisation.
Well for a start, what have you done to that poor bike ???

What's that monstrosity under the tail section ??? The original looks so much better IMO.

Other than that, it looks very, very nice indeed. You have certainly looked after it.

(Stop being so tight and fit a Terg.....)

Old 28-08-06, 07:01 AM   #5
Peter Henry

Jelster you are a boy! For me the worst thing about the standard exhaust on the 749 is the standard rear collector. So ugly in shape and due to it containing the catalytic converter for the reear cylinder soooo heavy! It must way easilly 4kg more than the SHARK. With the SHARK you also get a pipe that runs to the front pot which gets rid of the catalyst for that cylinder also.

I have figured out a way were I can draw the mounting bolts at the rear of the exhaust up to the tail piece some more to hide them, but no way was it a cost cutting exercise you rascal!

Too many reports of poor finish and the fact that despite being supplied with a new ECU with the Termi it often does not work! With this system it works straight out of the box. However I am taking the bike in for race filters to be fitted and the mapping to be tweeked in order to ensure she runs at optimum conditions.

Jelster for your info also....the main design boys behind Termi over the last 10 years have all left in the last 12 months! They have set up a competitor with a terrible name of ZARD! Their systems are more in keeping with the look of the one I have than a Termi! So go figure! :P

Old 28-08-06, 07:11 AM   #6
the white rabbit

Lovely Peter. I envy you your sunshine and places to ride too.

But lets take a closer look at that wallpaper
Old 28-08-06, 07:31 AM   #7
Peter Henry

Rich...No wallpaper fella! I think the curious colouring you might be referring to is the material used on the chairs of the dining suite?

Henry Ford style decorating I am afraid....any colour you like....but this time......as long as it's white!
Old 28-08-06, 07:36 AM   #8
the white rabbit

Ah yes, I see now. In that case...nice. Wallpaper? Could have been a little much
Old 28-08-06, 07:46 AM   #9
Filipe M.

So this is what you've been doing!!!
Old 28-08-06, 07:48 AM   #10
TVR_Tracy

One Hot looking Duke

Shame about the exhaust