SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 04-04-05, 12:06 AM   #1
Fleagle

Default CCC Carbon Oval Road Legal

Picked this up from the show last November, but only just got round to sorting out some pics.

CCC Carbon Oval Road Legal

Fitting was straight forward enough once I'd got the correct bracket. It came supplied with a P-shape bracket but the K4 needs a C-shape. A quick call to CCC sorted this out with no probs. Also, the CCC bracket clamps to outside of hanger bracker, not inside like the original. It does kick out slightly more than original.

P-shape bracket on left, C-shape on right

Old can was removed using elbow grease and hacksaws (ol' faithful to start with, then junior one to finish due to awkward access). First thing you notice is how ridiculously heavy the stock can is (as it swings down and lands on your foot)!

Joints were sealed and we were fit to go. DB killer lasted about two weeks before it, ahem, fell out. Sound is absolutely superb. Lovely hearty rumble at tickover, not much noisier than baffled (or indeed original can). But open up the throttle and it growls like it should.

More pics in Photo section at http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?p=285276#285276.

Regards
Old 04-04-05, 09:32 AM   #2
wheelnut

Have you ever ridden that motorcycle?

Its just too clean

Only Jealous, I want a Carbon Can with a dodgy baffle
Old 04-04-05, 09:46 AM   #3
Fleagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Have you ever ridden that motorcycle?

Its just too clean
Why, thank you. That was just after I wheeled it out garage following its winter nap. It's not normally that clean, but I made sure it went down for hibernation in tip top condition.

You'll notice I deliberately missed the downpipes in the photo
Old 06-04-05, 08:07 PM   #4
rednorvs

great can
im lookin for thae same one with a duel outlett how much did you pay for it and was it straight from ccc?
Old 06-04-05, 08:33 PM   #5
Fleagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednorvs
great can
im lookin for thae same one with a duel outlett how much did you pay for it and was it straight from ccc?
Got it from direct from CCC off their stand at the show last November for £170.

Obviously usual concerns regarding carbon sleeves and twins, but I'll maintain the packing and hopefully keep it in good shape.

Cheers,
Old 06-04-05, 08:39 PM   #6
rednorvs

what do u mean sleeves and twins
Old 06-04-05, 08:58 PM   #7
Carsick

Quote:
twin and single cylinder engines have higher pressure exhaust, so they tend to wreck the packing in exhausts relatively quickly.
Presumably the carbon doesn't stand up too well once the packing is gone.
Old 06-04-05, 08:58 PM   #8
Fleagle

Quote:
I'm hoping someone will correct or confirm this, but end cans need repacking occasionally. This is required more frequently with twin engines due to larger power pulses, and even more frequently with carbon cans to prevent the carbon fibres delaminating or bubbling.

I expect to do it every 4000 miles, which should coincide nicely with my bikes winter hibernation. It's a DIY job, or send it back to CCC and they'll do the honours for a small charge.
Old 06-04-05, 09:19 PM   #9
rednorvs

ooooooohh
Old 23-05-05, 06:24 PM   #10
Jdubya

Just bought mine from e-bay for £110! Bargain