SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-08-09, 07:07 PM   #31
caz650s

Default Re: Amuzing sights on the AR09 rideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
dont ask how many reasons viper had to like it
Ha Ha ...that is just what I was thinking !!!
Old 03-08-09, 10:03 PM   #32
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
Then someone bellowing, "Don't do it!!"
Guilty as charged Yer'onnor
Old 04-08-09, 07:39 AM   #33
Von Teese

Actually did anyone see that elderly post lady on her pedal cycle riding up the hill towards us, I thought she was going to have a heart attack along the way!
Old 04-08-09, 09:30 AM   #34
Miss Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Teese View Post
Actually did anyone see that elderly post lady on her pedal cycle riding up the hill towards us, I thought she was going to have a heart attack along the way!
Yes!!! I did

Amusing things I spotted

1) An old man struggling to cycle with a flat back tyre when we were at the third petrol stop after lunch

2) people standing outside their houses to watch us go past. In particular there was a mum standing with her little daughter who waved so I waved back (not all us bikers are scary ya know..)
Old 04-08-09, 05:03 PM   #35
joshmac

It made me smile when the markers all started doing the YMCA at me as I approached on my bike At first I just thought WTF are they doing. Didn't take long for the penny to drop though. So which one of the markers came up with that idea? I'm going to guess Uncle Ian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
OK i hope some of the peeps who were near me at the time saw this too....
We're riding thru a village, nice and slow being very good. A couple of little boys across the road on the pavment riding their bikes. The smaller of the 2 gives everyone a thumbs up as he's peddaling along and looks really happy to see this mass of bikes...then someone (sadly i dont know who) decideds they need to blip the throttle or change down a gear and gets a good pop out their can....poor little boy scared half to death drops off the kerb, almost does a hell of a tank-slapper but keeps it uprirght somehow.
He was all of about 6 or 7 and how fast he went ftrom grin factor to panic just cos of a poppy exhaust was just hillarious to me (maybe i have a sick sense of humour or something, i dunno)

Anyone else see this??
Don't know who? I s'pose with all those purple sparkly bikes with melting number plates in front of you, it could've been hard to identify the culprit
I don't think I was trying to make him nearly stack it (was there a corner or something coming up?), but I laugh out loud inside my lid when I saw it happen.
Old 04-08-09, 05:59 PM   #36
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Plus we have the culprit who trashed Paul the 6th's tent
Didn't need a culprit, Paul was there lmao, was me and the LeedsMatt. Love it, Paul needs a new pole which he can have offva me :P.
Old 04-08-09, 07:03 PM   #37
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
Didn't need a culprit, Paul was there lmao, was me and the LeedsMatt. Love it, Paul needs a new pole which he can have offva me :P.
But was he too drunk to remember who did it
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 07:13 PM   #38
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmac View Post
Don't know who? I s'pose with all those purple sparkly bikes with melting number plates in front of you, it could've been hard to identify the culprit
haha, i was trying to give someone else the chance to feel bad for it, thinking it may have been them. But if you wanna admit to it and take the credit for scaring the bejayzuz out the little man
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 07:20 PM   #39
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
haha, i was trying to give someone else the chance to feel bad for it, thinking it may have been them. But if you wanna admit to it and take the credit for scaring the bejayzuz out the little man
Yeah it wasn't me at all even though I was ready to do the 2 line swerve thingymajig for real when I saw he wobbling about (not 'cause I was really close to him when it happened or anything ).
Zig you're so cruel doing that to the poor lad
Old 04-08-09, 07:23 PM   #40
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmac View Post
It made me smile when the markers all started doing the YMCA at me as I approached on my bike At first I just thought WTF are they doing. Didn't take long for the penny to drop though. So which one of the markers came up with that idea? I'm going to guess Uncle Ian...
Then you would be guessing wrong young man...