SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-11-05, 11:02 AM   #1
Grinch

Default Battery Heated Gloves

What do you Guys think to thses:

WarmThru Gloves They are really designed for snow boarding but do you think they would cope with life on a bike? Plus what would happen to that battery in a impact? Smash your wrist?
Old 16-11-05, 11:59 AM   #2
thor

My experience is that they prob won't have enough wind proofing, and won't be impact resistant.
Old 16-11-05, 12:04 PM   #3
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
My experience is that they prob won't have enough wind proofing, and won't be impact resistant.
Funny that.. I would have thought it was windy and have alot of hard falls snowboarding...
Old 16-11-05, 12:12 PM   #4
thor

70 mph? Impacts equivalent to those on tarmac? That's some very fast boarding on some very abrasive snow...
Old 16-11-05, 12:24 PM   #5
Warren

they were getting rid of triumph heated gloves at the brighton burn up, only a tenner a pair.
Old 16-11-05, 12:35 PM   #6
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
they were getting rid of triumph heated gloves at the brighton burn up, only a tenner a pair.
That just makes me depressed now... I would have rather have not know..
Old 19-11-05, 11:36 AM   #7
Moo

Poof
Old 19-11-05, 11:52 AM   #8
jonboy

I was looking at Nick's Klan heated gloves down at Soho last night and they seemed really good - certainly worth considering and at least they're proper biking gloves.

Certainly a better proposition than riding along the A1M at 80-90 leaning on the tank and thrusting your left hand through the SV's frame into the nice warm bit between the V like I did last night .

Old 19-11-05, 09:56 PM   #9
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
I was looking at Nick's Klan heated gloves down at Soho last night and they seemed really good - certainly worth considering and at least they're proper biking gloves.

Certainly a better proposition than riding along the A1M at 80-90 leaning on the tank and thrusting your left hand through the SV's frame into the nice warm bit between the V like I did last night .

I've thought about heated gloves but worried about how thick they are. Did you try them on? That is reason why I have not even used winter gloves for years.

Got some Oxford handle muffs for when it really gets cold but they can push the brakes on at speed. There are ways to stop that but still a pain seeing how much they cost.

The best muffs(cost about £45) I know of have a metal frame to stop that happening(would have to check on name) but already forked out on the Oxford ones prior to seeing them.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-05, 10:41 PM   #10
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST
I've thought about heated gloves but worried about how thick they are. Did you try them on? That is reason why I have not even used winter gloves for years.
Yes I tried them on and they weren't as padded as I would have thought. Jelster also showed me a pair of gloves that while not heated were very thin yet he swore were wind and waterproof and extremely warm - I might investigate those.

Quote:
Got some Oxford handle muffs for when it really gets cold but they can push the brakes on at speed.
Never thought about that - hey a system to stop me being banned!

Quote:
The best muffs cost about £45
I think you'll find they're a little more expensive than that