SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-03-06, 10:06 AM   #1
t3dders

Default Carbon Rear Hugger for K5

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum.
I have to say it's been a great insight into SV ownership - very helpfull

I recently bought a K5 SV650S in black, 1500 miles, with lower fairings, R&G crash bungs, and Scorpion can.

I'm really pleased with it... I'd spent months trying to find a mint K5 in black - at the right price and patience paid off

Anyway, getting back on topic; what with the cr@p on the roads at this time of year, i've been looking for a rear hugger that will fit the K5, ideally i'm after a real carbon one. Similar in appearance to the NWS one (which I believe they only do for >K2)

I've exhausted the search engine and couldn't find any K5 huggers...
Can anyone point me in the right direction
Old 02-03-06, 01:14 PM   #2
KayDee

http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/

It's listed as an '03 - - I would guess it would fit, but I'm not 100% sure on this!
Old 02-03-06, 02:36 PM   #3
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDee
http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/

It's listed as an '03 - - I would guess it would fit, but I'm not 100% sure on this!
It probably won't fit.
Old 02-03-06, 03:03 PM   #4
uthaug

I have Pyramid's 03 N version on my 04 S

Only difference between years and versions is the mount bracket on the right side, which may require you to remove the brake hose guard.

You can see in the picture below how the bracket covers the hole that the hose guard bolts into.

My plan is to lose the bracket and make a tiny one that utilises the mount hole from the hose guard.

Old 02-03-06, 03:11 PM   #5
Carsick

There are also sometimes problems with the hugger coming into contact with the toolbox, which is slung under the tail on a K4 onwards, but not on the K3.
Old 02-03-06, 03:19 PM   #6
t3dders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsick
There are also sometimes problems with the hugger coming into contact with the toolbox, which is slung under the tail on a K4 onwards, but not on the K3.
Yeah, I'd also read that somewhere.......

..........please step forward if you have a hugger fitted on your K5
Old 02-03-06, 03:31 PM   #7
mac

I have the OEM Suzuki one - i have only dry fitted it so far ( as the original mounting bolts dont fit it ).

Looks very good in high gloss black - if you look for kaydee`s post in the for sale section you can see it ( and my new, soon to be black Eramax undertray )
Old 02-03-06, 03:53 PM   #8
KayDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I have the OEM Suzuki one - i have only dry fitted it so far ( as the original mounting bolts dont fit it ).

Looks very good in high gloss black - if you look for kaydee`s post in the for sale section you can see it ( and my new, soon to be black Eramax undertray )
Did you get the stuff okay then?

The original bolts on my k5 fitted the OEM hugger, are you sure yours do not?
Old 02-03-06, 04:01 PM   #9
mac

Yes mate it all got here ok ( i thought i PM`d you to let you know )

The hugger has an aluminium ferrule in the rubber mount for the mounting holes - this doesnt allow the shoulder of the bolt used for the chain guard to pass through.

Its no bother as i work in an eng. workshop with access to the order book - wiil be ordering some stainless button heads for it very soon - lol
Old 02-03-06, 04:02 PM   #10
Samurai

bought my old man a hugger for his K4s and it rubbered on the tool box, they said it would fit, guess they Lied