SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 31-10-12, 08:02 AM   #21
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Trackday idle banter thread.

I use metzler Racetecs. Brilliant tyre!! Pick em up hardly used from eBay from the gear link Kawasaki team for around £80. Last at least 4 days.

Supercorsas seem to be the other favourite. Tbh its between these two.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12, 10:34 AM   #22
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I vote Supercorsa's.

Never ridden on Power Ones but they never seem to get mentioned as much as the above two...
Old 31-10-12, 12:12 PM   #23
M65

Ive used Biablo Rosso Corsas and they were pretty decent. Not quite as grippy as my old Supercorsas which were bloody brilliant. Im hoping to try the Power Ones next year though so can report then if nobody else has by then.
Old 31-10-12, 12:20 PM   #24
Ratty

I'd like to try some sticky tyres but the PP 2CT's seem to do really well on the SV1000. I can get loads of use out of them. Usuall still about 2 mm of tread in the middle when they have to be changed. I get 6 trackdays + road use out of a rear and 8 from the front. Road use isn't much more than riding to and from the tracks these days and a few blasts over the Cat or Snake.

Ratty
Old 31-10-12, 01:11 PM   #25
Whitty

Supercorsas for me, proper race compounds not road based ones. Racetechs just as popular, just depends on prices. At this time of year you maybe better on a good road tyre cos unless you really push it race tyres aren't gonna get hot enough. The latest road tyres are better than track tyres from a few years back. Did oulton in Feb on a rear Dunlop 208 this year and it was fine, only a couple of slides and they were my fault for taking liberties.People seem to love or hate power ones, I've not used them but have been told you don't get much warning at the limit, they just go! On a hot day you can wreck a rear supercorsa in the day but they do stick like you know what to a blanket!
Old 31-10-12, 03:16 PM   #26
Nick_69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
I use metzler Racetecs. Brilliant tyre!! Pick em up hardly used from eBay from the gear link Kawasaki team for around £80. Last at least 4 days.

Supercorsas seem to be the other favourite. Tbh its between these two.
Always loads of cheap set on ebay, has anyone used the new pirelli supercorsas with the 180/60 size instead if 180/55

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12, 04:07 PM   #27
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

what are they like in mixed conditions? there are loads of 180/60's scrubs on fleebay

what do people think of maxxis supermaxx sports? i have a set kicking about but yet to use them. Wondered what they'd be like on the track?

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12, 04:20 PM   #28
Whitty

I've used the 60 profile, got em from trumpettyres on eBay. Felt a bit quicker steering possibly made rear sit higher. Might just have been phsycological though. Fitted on 600 gsxr ok.
Old 31-10-12, 05:10 PM   #29
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
what are they like in mixed conditions? there are loads of 180/60's scrubs on fleebay

what do people think of maxxis supermaxx sports? i have a set kicking about but yet to use them. Wondered what they'd be like on the track?
DMC ran these at Cadwell park on a GSXR600. He wasn't hanging about and had a crazy lean angle too as the wee little ******* never hangs off.

Think he was running around low 1.50's there, which is top end of Inters or lower end of Advance, depending how you choose.
Old 08-11-12, 10:12 AM   #30
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Fook sake supercorsa scrubs seem to go for a lot, 3mm of tread and currently at £38+£15 p&p with still 10 hrs to go

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote