SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-06-11, 03:53 PM   #1
mikeladhams

Default Im not surprised but...

Sold it to them yesterday for £1000

and today.....

http://www.pghmotorcycles.com/produc...zuki-SV650S-K3

wouldn't even give me a pair of £10-£20 gloves to "sweeten the deal" slightly

I know it's a dealer but even so...

If I couldn't sell it for £1400 I'll be very surprised if they can shift if for over 2 grand!

Rant over.
Old 21-06-11, 03:59 PM   #2
Owenski

Default Re: Im not surprised but...

Jeeeezzz thats a hell of a bounce!

I'd expect them to want to make £400 on it, so maybe list it at £1750 to allow for "huge reduction" sale stickers after 2 weeks bringing it down to £1500. But to double the purchace price JEZZZ-US!!!
Old 21-06-11, 04:04 PM   #3
Ben Whitcher

Ha ha a bike with 32,000 and wanting 2k. Wow your having a laugh. Good luck to them with the bike also having like 7 owners.
Old 21-06-11, 04:08 PM   #4
mikeladhams

Yeah exactly, at the end of the day I was trying to sell it for 3 months. Lets hope the person that pays 2k joins the forum. They even said to me that the clutch was in need of replacement as it was at the end of the lever. But I knew it hadn't been adjusted at the engine side, so just shows what tricks they try to play on people to lower the price!
Old 21-06-11, 04:14 PM   #5
DJFridge

Good grief, they're having a laugh. Let's hope the person joins the forum to do some research BEFORE he or she sees the bike. Hopefully they'll see this post and knock the dealer down a bit.
Old 21-06-11, 04:26 PM   #6
husky03
Mega Poster

why did you not just fire it on ebay? for 1600 with a best offer?-i don't understand why people take low amounts from stealers.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-11, 04:45 PM   #7
mikeladhams

I did, and had 5 offers for £1400-£1600 but not a single person contacted me after having their offer accepted and agreeing to purchase the bike. I'm not complaining about the amount i sold it to them for I'm just highlighting the sheer cheek of the price they are advertising it at.
Old 21-06-11, 04:58 PM   #8
husky03
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeladhams View Post
I did, and had 5 offers for £1400-£1600 but not a single person contacted me after having their offer accepted and agreeing to purchase the bike. I'm not complaining about the amount i sold it to them for I'm just highlighting the sheer cheek of the price they are advertising it at.
The galling thing is that they will end up getting someone to buy it maybe not for there full asking price but they will still make money.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-11, 04:59 PM   #9
L3nny
Mega Poster

When i was looking to trade in my sv they offered me 2k for it. When i pointed out they had an older one without lowers in the shop for 3k he said I am a bike dealer I buy bikes cheap and sell them for as much profit as I can. Refreshingly honest but i still told him to sod off!
Old 21-06-11, 07:51 PM   #10
Kenzie

When we buy in used stuff at work I am always up front with the punter. It goes something like this:

Item A is worth X if selling private, however we have to service it and make a profit on it so I will offer you Y for it.

It's up to them then, but I always so you will make more selling it privately. I'm always honest and open with customers.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote