SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-04-17, 12:42 PM   #101
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: My first pointy

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
The cable I use would be too short for anything other than clip ons. The bit that makes the difference is the bend/tube. Strangely it's more of a curved right angle than the big arc of the oem cable. It results in a much more compact routing of the cable in the cockpit part of its run. May well be worth having one specifically made for you.
OK.Thanks for the info
Old 21-04-17, 11:33 AM   #102
Taipan

Well looks like the general setting up has paid off in the economy dept. By balancing the TBs, fixing inlet air leaks, cleaning air filter and fitting new plugs and caps etc the MPG is improving by the tankful.

Last edited by Taipan; 21-04-17 at 11:35 AM.
Taipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 01:37 PM   #103
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Well looks like the general setting up has paid off in the economy dept. By balancing the TBs, fixing inlet air leaks, cleaning air filter and fitting new plugs and caps etc the MPG is improving by the tankful.

From 38 to near 50 Mpg is a helluva boost back

As always it's not usually just one component causing a problem but lack of general maintenance in a whole system.I check these things quite often over a year and also tyre pressures.
Before I changed jobs and got into Aircraft maintenance one of my early jobs was as a tyre fitter so it's a kind of legacy thing with me as I know just how much running tyres too high or to low can affect things