SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-06-08, 08:54 AM   #1
Kate Moss

Default Living life all over again...

Not sure if this has been asked before (if it has then please feel free to delete!) but if you could live your life all over again, is there anything you would do differently or a different career you would persue?

Discuss!!!
Old 06-06-08, 09:04 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Living life all over again...

Hmm, nope.

If I did anything differently then it would be a certain event at college. But then I'd be living in Australia by now in all probability, and I wouldn't have the family I have now. An alternative life in Australia would be great, don't get me wrong, but I love what I have now.

So no thanks, you can keep your time machine.
Old 06-06-08, 09:07 AM   #3
G
Mega Poster

I would have listened to my elders and tried harder at school.

Right up until my last year at University I never did any revision. My results for exams in the final year were all 80% - 90%.....previous years were around 60% - 70%

I still do alright and can look after myself comfortably but you cant help but sit back sometimes and see someone enjoying the high life, having 5 foreign holidays a year, their own 2nd/3rd home in different countries, having the choice of which ferrari/lambo to take to the office today and then sit wondering....if only I had listened and tried a little bit harder.
Old 06-06-08, 09:10 AM   #4
plowsie

Not gotten meself in to the shatty debt mess I am in atm, woulda tried harder to pass my CF1 exam, not sold my last SV.
Old 06-06-08, 09:11 AM   #5
lily

I'd change two things and that is all:

1. I'd never have started dating chris at uni which mean that me and drew wouldn't of had the trouble we have with him!!!

2. I would have got on drew's bike sooner than Jan... which means i woundn't of moved out of home without first having the money to do my bike test rather than me and drew looking every month at the bank statement and seeing if we could save a bit of money for me to do my licence (so far in the pot none)

Apart from that... coundn't want more.... have a great bloke that does everything he can to keep me happy.

But wouldn't change anything else

Why what would you change kate?
Old 06-06-08, 09:12 AM   #6
Tara

Not really i guess things happen for a reason i've had my fair share of rubbish like everyone else if i hadn't have got through it i wouldn't have met Falc and be living in the sunnier part of the country (well sometimes)

my friend has a saying which she is always bringing out when we are moaning about life. "whats for you won't pass you by"
Old 06-06-08, 09:12 AM   #7
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I would have listened to my elders and tried harder at school.

Right up until my last year at University I never did any revision. My results for exams in the final year were all 80% - 90%.....previous years were around 60% - 70%

I still do alright and can look after myself comfortably but you cant help but sit back sometimes and see someone enjoying the high life, having 5 foreign holidays a year, their own 2nd/3rd home in different countries, having the choice of which ferrari/lambo to take to the office today and then sit wondering....if only I had listened and tried a little bit harder.
You'll understand why I'm ****ed off today.

Believe me, there is little point in slaving over books. I wish I hadn't. But I couldn't see it at the time. I wish I'd done something skilled, learned how to fix things.
Old 06-06-08, 09:16 AM   #8
Kate Moss

I regret not continuing with dancing and singing, I would love that to be apart of my life now. (more than my mad 5 mins dancing round the living room!)

I could say I regret a particular ex but then that wouldn't make me the person I am today and would not value everything I have with Phil as much.

But i think that is it!
Old 06-06-08, 09:17 AM   #9
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

I would go back and play it differently with my soul mate, maybe if I was a nicer person and treated him diff we would still be together now.

2nd biggest regret is not sending off my completed application form to Western Aust police while I was fit, but I was with soul mate and didn't want to leave him.

Don't put all you eggs in one basket!
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 09:19 AM   #10
neillfergie

you need to be careful what you change in your past, look at back to the future, one small change here and next thing you develop an unhealthy attraction to your mum?