SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-06-06, 08:48 PM   #101
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Quite right.

Ok, so what about 30mph limits from Angel to Soho when accompanying Mr Squid and myself as his pillion? :P
Old 22-06-06, 08:58 PM   #102
jonboy

Naturally they should be obeyed — that's what they're there for.

Old 22-06-06, 09:03 PM   #103
Warren

let me guess jonboy.

topboxes are to be made compulsury on all motorcycles in the UK ?
Old 22-06-06, 09:07 PM   #104
Balky001
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
let me guess jonboy.

That's where the GPS system is kept to tell the authorities you current speed and location. Smashing idea.

Northy, you saying that wasn't sarcastic enough, I'm hurt
Old 22-06-06, 09:12 PM   #105
Warren

anyone used one of these before ?
http://www.datatool.co.uk/consumer/p...roduct=inforad

they look pretty good to me.
Old 22-06-06, 09:18 PM   #106
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
let me guess jonboy.

That's where the GPS system is kept to tell the authorities you current speed and location. Smashing idea.
It's a consideration of course, just so very unsightly.

Old 22-06-06, 11:08 PM   #107
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
Bit like me with my car, its a corsa, its a vauxhall, that MUST mean im a chavvy boyracer.........
And you're not doing much to dispell this impression...
Old 22-06-06, 11:11 PM   #108
Speedy
Mega Poster

hall13uk,sorry to hear about your bad luck! Fingers crossed things will turn out ok!

As for the rest of you!

I cannot believe the attitudes shown on this thread! Firstly I'd like to say that I agree with Daimo,and feel sorry for hall13uk.

EVERYBODY has 'sped' in their lives,be it in a car or on a bike,if if they say different they are bloody LIARS!
All those people who modify their bikes/cars may do so just for the sound something makes,or how something looks,but most of the time they want more power and more speed (potentially anyway )

I suggest to all those who have criticised hall13uk and other speeders should sell their SV's or whatever Sports-bike they have and go and buy either an electric car or a less powerful bike,this way you won't be tempted to break the limit and you'll be doing your bit for the Environment too.

I am a Petrol head. I accept that there is a time and a place for speeding,yes race tracks,but also you can enjoy the roads too,IF your carefull,and it's a quiet road etc etc.
Someone once said "Speed itself is not a killer,it is what you hit that is" VERY true

As for the post about reaction times being slower the older you get,this has been proven to be false! What changes is the body's ability to act quick enough due to the diminished muscles,stiff joints or disabilities,the brain still registers what is going on and sends the signals to the required muscles etc,but if they are not 'fit',so to speak,then they are what lets you down.
So if the 67 year old who drives at 120 is still physically fit,his body should react as fast as 'normal'.

Come on people! Yes he got caught,he is prepared to face up to why and what happens next,No need to flame him!
One day it WILL be you or ME,I hope I can take it as well as he has!

Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-06, 05:14 AM   #109
Red ones
Mega Poster

Exsqueeze me Speedy?

I, for one, was not criticising Hall directly, I was merely sharing how I try to satisfy myself that I am not being followed by unmarked cars for excessive distances. I do feel for Hall as getting caught is a real pain (though I will not shed tears for him if he is caught at 109mph - that is driving/riding ban territory!)

I feel you may have missed some small degree of sarcasm in a number of the posts.

Personally I think 72.3mph is the safe maximum speed for motorways, this is based on the same evidence as the original 70 limit, ie none whatsoever.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-06, 06:58 AM   #110
Warren

you could always try the "my throttle got jammed open" card ?