SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SELKENT A forum for the folks down in Kent and SE London.

Old 20-01-07, 10:31 PM   #1
gazman

Default which I.A.M?

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend an I.A.M group in the Kent area? I’ve looked round on the Interweb & there seems to be a few in Kent. I was just wondering if anyone has got a personal recommendation on which one to join?

Cheers,

Gaz.
Old 21-01-07, 04:57 PM   #2
skidmarx

LAM?
Old 21-01-07, 07:18 PM   #3
Jdubya

Join the one closest to you...
There's no point going with LAM when there is a local group. All you'll end up doing is lots and lots of travelling.
Sveedy Gonzalez and I belong to the group that meets at Hadlow near Tonbridge on the last thursday of every month.
There site is HERE
Old 23-01-07, 10:04 PM   #4
gazman

Sorry, What’s LAM?

Cheers Jdubya, I may have to look at that one, I was just after personal recommendations ‘cos some of the things I’ve hears about I.A.M on some other threads so it may have been worth going to one further afield to get a friendly group of people, but that group seems the closest anyway,

Cheers,

Gaz.
Old 24-01-07, 12:35 PM   #5
skidmarx

LAM is London advanced motorcyclists. I've no idea if it's better or more friendly than the kent one, but it is really active with a lot of things to join in with if your interested. Meet at Beckenham or Banstead twice monthly and plenty of trips away to uk and europe. They seem pretty friendly. PM me if you want any moe details, but your probably best of just going to the nearest as said and trying that out first
Old 31-01-07, 11:16 PM   #6
chazzyb

LAM now meet for their 'potluck' OR sessions on the first Sunday at Banstead and the third Saturday at Beckenham, though that's changing to Bromley in March. Runs have settled at starting alternately at Ryka's or the Oakdene cafe at Wrotham.

LAM's website is at www.l-a-m.org

Yes, I am a Lamkin.

KAMG more be closer for you. You pays your money...etc.
Old 11-02-07, 10:50 PM   #7
Chabbychang

Hi,

I have been with KAMG for almost 2 years now, passed my IAM test 2 weeks ago. We are changing to Hailwood Suite at bransds Hatch as from this month (last Thursday in every month) maybe closer for you.

As mentioned you pay your money and take your chances, but my personal opinion is that KAMG is a well organsied professional outfit, call me biased but if it ain't broken..................
Old 12-02-07, 11:41 PM   #8
ARAF

I'm biased towards EKAM, who meet every third Wednesday at Sandyacres Sport & Social Club, Sandyhurst Lane, Ashford.

If I were you, I'd go for a look at one, and if you don't like what you see, try another.
Old 13-02-07, 08:04 AM   #9
Jdubya

Yep,
Deffo go to one of the meets. I've been with the KAMG now for nearly a year but have yet to pass the test I took a break from the training midway through for various reasons but will be restarting soon hoping to pass the test before the end of the summer. I'm glad they're moving the meetings to Brands...the beer was expensive at Hadlow And brands is closer to me as well
Old 13-02-07, 12:18 PM   #10
SVeeedy Gonzales

I've been with KAMG for over a year and still not taken the test. As good as they are, it still comes down to your mindset during the ride... and so far mine is still too much about progress. Getting there slowly... it's all been invaluable though; There must be dozens of accidents and near-misses that have never taken place in the last year because I'm no longer in situations where they can happen, but I'm often filtering through and past traffic where I'd have sat in it in the past.

Even if you never end up taking the test, the stuff you learn will make you a much better/faster/safer rider.