SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 11-09-08, 07:48 AM   #1
stewie

Default 9/11 - poingnant reminder.

We went to NYC last year and stayed in Greenwich village, whilst wandering about one afternoon we came acroos this chain link fence surrounding a parking lot covered in painted tiles, a friendly local explained to us that on 9/11, after the towers fell, people just ran and didnt stop running till they hit Greenwhich village, there are a lot of hospitals in the area and a makeshift blood bank was set up at that spot, later people left messgaes for missing loved ones here as well attached to the same chain link fence. By the time we arrived 6 yrs later the messages had been replaced with painted tiles, these tiles and plates come from all over the world with messages of hope, love, peace and a lot have messages of thanks to the FDNY, anyway thought you might like to see some of them.

this last one gets me everytime I see it

Old 11-09-08, 09:06 AM   #2
jumjum_0214

Default Re: 9/11 - poingnant reminder.

Heart wrenching stuff, a terrible tragedy that will never be forgotten................
Old 11-09-08, 11:31 AM   #3
MiniMac

Terrible event, some of the stuff they have written about Honor etc is mildly vomit inducing imo.
MiniMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 12:01 PM   #4
metalmonkey

I was in NYC a week or so before 9/11 happened as the yankess call it.

Then returned less than year after it happened, though I didn't experince it first hand I have seen the effect it had on the people involved. The summer camp where I worked a kid called Corbin lost his dad in the towers. He spent quite a lot of time talking to me, me teaching him. So you can imagine how he felt.

The boss of the camp lost one of his close friends, I don't talk so much now about it with them,but it was terriable day.

What I think is even worse is the way Bush and co have you used this event to murder many innocent people, without them being brough to justicse nor will they never be from the looks of things. It was a very dark event in a new century.
Old 11-09-08, 12:01 PM   #5
timwilky
Mega Poster

I went to New York a couple of weeks after. (The day the plane crashed on Queens, diverted to Canada for a few hours whilst they worked out if there was another attack happening).

At the end of the street near my hotel was a firehouse with photographs of all the crew that had died. A very poignant reminder to all of those who perished. My hotel was full of firemen visiting for funerals of friends/colleagues. Terrible at the time to think that weeks after, they were still pulling out and identifying remains.
Old 11-09-08, 07:23 PM   #6
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMac View Post
Terrible event, some of the stuff they have written about Honor etc is mildly vomit inducing imo.
I think you have to remember that Americans have a very different psyche to ours. Who are you to say that we are right and they are wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
What I think is even worse is the way Bush and co have you used this event to murder many innocent people, without them being brough to justicse nor will they never be from the looks of things.
Strong language. Inappropriate too, I think. The USA didn't ask for this, and is entitled to defend itself.
Old 11-09-08, 07:35 PM   #7
stanie

my wife and i were stuck in montana on 11th september 01. luclily for us, that day was spent driving on ,what is supposed to be the most scenic highway in north america. it was beautifull, but we knew we werent going home the next day, the day we were supposed to.
it was a horrible time to be in america.
so many of the news resports, and papers, told of how anybody with dark skin was being attacked, that was indeed sickening, and indicative of americas inherent racism.
ive spent alot of time in america and have witnessed forst hand how the vast majority of americans are so stuck up their own asses, and this whole thing just made that so more obvious.

i beleive that people high up let this happen, a big conspiracy.

and before anybody acuses me of being really zenophoibic towards amerians, my wife is american, and feels even stronger about it than i do!!
Old 11-09-08, 09:00 PM   #8
Berlin

Do you honestly think that if this happened in any other country the Americans would even give it a passing thought?

Do they remember 7/7 or the Spanish train bombing?

A terrible event used as an excuse to do far, far worse.
Old 11-09-08, 10:16 PM   #9
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Strong language. Inappropriate too, I think. The USA didn't ask for this, and is entitled to defend itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
A terrible event used as an excuse to do far, far worse.
well said
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 10:55 PM   #10
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I think you have to remember that Americans have a very different psyche to ours. Who are you to say that we are right and they are wrong?

I really don't think so at all. I know the personel effect it has had on people as I already said I doubt many people here do.

What I hate is the way US reacted, which is unjust. In the name of the people who died on 9/11.

I flew home from on 9/11 2002 (when I booked the flight I didn't think check the date for any spceail reason), it was a very werid time time, the news crazy predicting attacks everywhere, it was a tool used to contol people and very effective it was too. Like I said in another post the way the media works is scary, it twisted everything around.

I first went to NYC when I was 18, its changed since 9/11 quite a bit and so how has the US. Bush is bad for the US.

Thats my opion which I more than happy to justify it.