SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-01-13, 09:28 PM   #1
M65

Default Go Pro Users - HELP!

Hi

So, Im VERY new to GoPro and have picked up a cheap 1st version HD model. Now, I know that you can get the external LCD monitors, but Im tight and theres no way Im paying for one of those too. I already have a cheap little chinese screen (JXD 990) which has a TV in socket. Now, what I want to now is can I use this screen somehow to just line up the GoPro and make sure its pointing where I want it to?

I think there are outlets on the GoPro HD for HDTV or normal TV with audio. Im presuming that I can use one of these ports but I would love to have it confirmed from someone who has already been through this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13-01-13, 09:31 PM   #2
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

I have the hero2 and mine has the Hdmi out on the side I believe? Going off memory, haven't touched it in months
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 09:46 PM   #3
M65

Default Re: Go Pro Users - HELP!

I only have the first HD model, so no HDMI output. Im thinking though that the composite cable could do the job. 2.5mm jack to the usual red, yellow and white jacks. Put those into a couple then another composite cable going to the 2.5mm tv in socket of the JXD990 to show what the GoPro is pointing at. Sounds easy! Just hope it works.
Old 13-01-13, 09:48 PM   #4
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Keep us posted
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 10:21 PM   #5
Rocketeer

Sell it to me if u don't use it!
Old 13-01-13, 11:21 PM   #6
Runako

Tbh one of the reasons I didn't go for this was the lack of adaptability with anything other than gopro. I seem to recall you would need to have the appropriate software to run another screen and not even sure that version allows it. I think Gopro made it so you had to buy the aftermarket screen so good luck if you find a way for that to work. If you look at the newer versions, they've clearly responded to customer feedback with the iphone app and new screens/software which makes the newer ones far more usable.
Old 14-01-13, 06:58 AM   #7
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
Sell it to me if u don't use it!
Oh I'll definitely be using it, dont worry about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
Tbh one of the reasons I didn't go for this was the lack of adaptability with anything other than gopro. I seem to recall you would need to have the appropriate software to run another screen and not even sure that version allows it. I think Gopro made it so you had to buy the aftermarket screen so good luck if you find a way for that to work. If you look at the newer versions, they've clearly responded to customer feedback with the iphone app and new screens/software which makes the newer ones far more usable.
Ive seen quite a few vids on YouTube of the results I am after and read a bit about it on various forums. I think it can be done if you have the latest firmware, which I have. Just need to put it into practice. Its only to line up shots so would only need to be on for a moment or two. Where theres a will theres a way!!
Old 14-01-13, 12:03 PM   #8
M65

Seeing as how I dont have one, I thought Id download the manual and it actually says how to do what I want in there. Who'd have thought that a simple RTFM would shed so much light?!

Anyway, Ive put a snippet of the manual so you can see.

Last edited by M65; 14-01-13 at 01:06 PM.