SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-01-08, 03:27 PM   #1
natcar

Default Why I am selling the SV.. New bike

Got new bike home today - only problem is the insurance company is shut until monday so I cant ride it until monday

Old 12-01-08, 03:28 PM   #2
Lozzo

Default Re: Why I am selling the SV.. New bike

Ooh, very nice, I'll have a closer look tomorrow.
Old 12-01-08, 03:34 PM   #3
Tiger 55

Lovely!

Fingers crossed it doesn't get stolen before Monday then...
Old 12-01-08, 03:41 PM   #4
natcar

Doubt it - should be safe enough in the locked garage - never had any bother where I live as its a quiet area. Although I think I'll go and put a couple of locks on!
Old 12-01-08, 04:13 PM   #5
Alpinestarhero

Mmmmm triumph tiger, i really like them. Let us know how you get on with it, I'd like one

Matt
Old 12-01-08, 04:50 PM   #6
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Mmmmm triumph tiger, i really like them. Let us know how you get on with it, I'd like one

Matt
Do you know, there's a new one in Huddersfield and the owner hasn't even insured it!!

natcat, why didn't you insure it prior to collecting it?
If its new, the dealer would have wanted to see the insurance prior to taxing it?
Old 12-01-08, 05:23 PM   #7
natcar

Thouught I would insure it when I wanted to ride it, and didn't think they would be closed at the weekend. (I picked it up in a van so didnt need cover it to get it home)
Old 12-01-08, 06:08 PM   #8
Brettus

I'd have been straight on the online ones and got it today, even an ebike monthly one. But then I'm far too impatient heh
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-08, 12:35 AM   #9
natcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post

Matt
Been on a few runs - very pleased with it
But I do miss the SV and I would love to buy another in the future when I can afford more than one bike

Good points - nice high riding position, really comfy seat, no aches after using it, smooth power delivery and will pull well in any gear.
Luggage is quite handy.

Few minor niggles - main one is the suspension - far too soft fully loaded (although post xmas pounds dont help) as I do most of my riding 2 up - never had problems with the SV, think I will need an aftermarket shock which dont come cheap, as it is like riding a 70mph pogo stick after hitting potholes, I suspect the unit is worn/faulty rather than coming from factory like that so may get the dealer to check it under warranty.
Brakes need bit more effort to stop than the SV simply cause its bigger I suppose.

It is great though!!
Old 17-01-08, 11:02 AM   #10
Ceri JC

Nice, I do like the new tigers. I was surprised by the way you described the suspension; my experience of it was that it was plush, but pretty much ideal for road riding. I found the front end surprisingly firm (for a big trailie) under hardish braking, so perhaps yours is dodgy? Might be worth PMing Busean as he has one and has used it a lot.